Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Heli-Tour Ripoff?

Please do not ask me to name names as all you need to do is google employees of icefield that are shown on promotional videos and then put that name with drug smuggling helicopters it will show the black and white.

Low blow busbar. You practically did name names. Sounds like you have a little to much time on your hands if your googling pilots names from icefield. By the way every company I have worked for has not asked for a criminal record check. just something to think about.

I 100% agree with you on second chances that is for sure, I thank all who keep giving me chances, seems I am always buggering things up. When it comes to being a helicopter pilot smuggling drugs its a bit different then setting the neighbours garbage can on fire or shaking the guy at the arcade for change while playing hookey. I agree with everyone has a past but my actual stab if it was perceived as one was not at the actual employee but at the company for hiring the person that took his licence and abused it- I on the other hand would be abit more careful who I hired as you could end up in abit of hot water having hoodlums of the industry working for you. Like I said I dont care if you were a hard rock that spent your whole teen life in prison got out seen the light and changed, good on the fella whole perseveres and gets on with things but the fella who gets a license and then abuses it as an adult, no tolerance should be allowed, not in this industry.

Well said,

You can't fault an individual for continuing to pursue flying even with a past like this. If anything I say good for him because it can't be easy to get another shot with a criminal record with so much competition assuming he is upfront with his past? As for the employer, if they want to avoid this then it's their responsibility to screen potential employees. If they choose not to then then it's obviously not a concern to them.

Low blow busbar. You practically did name names. Sounds like you have a little to much time on your hands if your googling pilots names from icefield. By the way every company I have worked for has not asked for a criminal record check. just something to think about.

If you haven't had to produce a criminal records check then you are not flying in and out of any Diamond mines etc. Anyone that wants to run around and slander anyone should have to use there real name. If what you have to say is true then whats the big deal. Any company that won't hire you because you tell the truth probably isn't worth working for because they have something to hide.

Small wonder why I rarely (along with many others) visit this site any more....... this kind of garbage continues to be the "norm" these days.

I wonder why such garbage as stated exists.. must just materialize out of no where for no reason, an imaginary result of nothing? Yes indeed very strange! :blink:

I will now return my head to the sand and in accordnace with pure willfull blindness revert to wishfull thinking. :rolleyes:

post-6107-0-29054500-1296558503_thumb.jpg

The truth will set you free. Your post isnt clear on who you are directing your comments to but I think I can take it as you are asking for my name? My name is Jimmy Dorrance and the truth is what it is. The thread is about a certain operator and I mention a drug smuggler working there and all of a sudden your two shoes want my name-here it is.

busbar, please note the post i was talking about was b206 as that is the post i pasted. I suggested if he never had a criminal records check then he has never had to fly for some of the major mines in the NWT. As for supplying your name feel free. All i am saying is if someone wants to slander someone they should use there real name. This is a small industry. In some cases if people used there real name we would draw our own conclusion as to if it they have a valid point or just sour grapes. This would also keep vertical from being involved in a potential law suit. As the said company or person being slandered would know exactly who to go after.

So what i am saying is if people on this site don't have something good to say and don't want to use there real name then it is just a disgruntled ex employee.

Small wonder why I rarely (along with many others) visit this site any more....... this kind of garbage continues to be the "norm" these days.

Ditto. Holy cow. Why don't you guys take that crap over to JH where it belongs. Remember this, I paraphrase Mark Twain, "it's one thing to have the world think your an idiot, its another to make posts that eliminate all doubt." There hasn't been an intelligent, useful post on this thread in the last 8 pages.

YAWN!!

Busbar

I don't know how long you have been a participant in this industry but it should at some point be evident that the social culture not the regulatory part or practical part of the industry functions based on credibility through Nelsonian knowledge. Its a weird and inverted process but it is what it is.

Think of it as a a mass Solomon Asch experiment.

IMHO

P5