Heli-Tour Ripoff?

thats great that you were able to, the reality is most people don't have 50+ in their back pocket. I do think financing the whole thing is crazy, but a portion of is acceptable.

good place to jump in .. I would concur that getting the finances in place is highly advisable .. luckily we Canadians are in a fortunate position to have the oilsands in our country .. if you truly want to make money, and fast, pay a visit to Fort McMurray .. there are lots of jobs around, for each and everyone (quite amazing actually) and the pay ranges from good to absolutely amazing (careful you don't get stuck cuz the money is so good, or get depressed when going back into aviation and making aviation pay ;)

two birds with one stone, you get a taste of the North too!

"Small wonder why I rarely (along with many others) visit this site any more....... this kind of garbage continues to be the "norm" these days."

I find it quite entertaining but I havent turned a blade in 2 weeks and I'm very bored :(

Ice wind

Bored, well! If you don't mind evading RPG7's and AK's 150 miles offshor in the dark have I got an exiting job for you!

P5

Busbar,

I find it quite ironic from your previous posts that you as a lower time pilot applied with this operator which I gather was quite recent. And now you are president of a helicopter company (sorry curiosity got to me and Googled you). Did the Iceifeld pilots applying to you and your company have more experience than you?......Sorry I couldn't resist... Although I do disagree with you publicly singling out a specific employee which is not very professional and shows your character. Just remember very small industry and you may be working beside that pilot one day on a job..... Safe Flying

And Mr. Blank (or whatever your name is)

Since you seem to have knowledge of this company? A friend of mine tried to work there and said that he started his training and after getting half way through and paying over $10,000 was let go. Can you or anyone else shed light on whether or not this is common practice with this company? I am considering approaching them for employment but don't want to get screwed like he did.