Impaired Driving Conviction

I came across this obscure directive a little while ago digging for some answer for a recurrent question...i got poking around in CAR's ....it turns out (if i interpreted it correctly) you can loose your pilot's licence if child support is not being properly "taken care of". It details how to handle a "potential difficult" file that will object to this action.

I AM NOT SAY'N ITS ALRIGHT NOT TO PAY!! I just found it rather chilling there is this procedure in place.

LTE

Apparently it is up to the judge at time of sentencing, at least that is what I get out of this from the criminal code:

Discretionary order of prohibition

(2) If an offender is convicted or discharged under section 730 of an offence under section 220, 221, 236, 249, 249.1, 250, 251 or 252 or any of subsections 255(2) to (3.2) committed by means of a motor vehicle, a vessel, an aircraft or railway equipment, the court that sentences the offender may, in addition to any other punishment that may be imposed for that offence, make an order prohibiting the offender from operating a motor vehicle on any street, road, highway or other public place, or from operating a vessel, an aircraft or railway equipment, as the case may be,

(a) during any period that the court considers proper, if the offender is sentenced to imprisonment for life in respect of that offence;

(a.1) during any period that the court considers proper, plus any period to which the offender is sentenced to imprisonment, if the offender is liable to imprisonment for life in respect of that offence and if the sentence imposed is other than imprisonment for life;

(B) during any period not exceeding ten years plus any period to which the offender is sentenced to imprisonment, if the offender is liable to imprisonment for more than five years but less than life in respect of that offence; and

© during any period not exceeding three years plus any period to which the offender is sentenced to imprisonment, in any other case.

Oh, and before this gets too heated I should post something interesting I came across:

Duels

Duelling

71. Every one who

(a) challenges or attempts by any means to provoke another person to fight a duel,

(B) attempts to provoke a person to challenge another person to fight a duel, or

© accepts a challenge to fight a duel,

is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years.

R.S., c. C-34, s. 72.

:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

A pilot that worked for me lost his licence and it "included" no flying.....that was in Alberta.

I have know a few pilots that kept their licence while convicted of a DUI. Last one about 5yrs ago. Seems the provincal (quebec) and feds databases are not connected. If you dont tell them they may not find out.