Anti-Chafe Tape

Caltow

What's everybody using for anti-chafe tape? I've used some different ones with varrying results. I'm looking for something for an a-star tailboom. I've used the brown teflon tape, but whenever oil touches it it becomes unstuck and just peels off, I've used some clear tapes but they just seem to change color and look like crap after a couple months. I want something that actually lasts!

Any info is appreciated.

Don't use proseal, the cowlng will chafe on the proseal and wear the rolled portion at the mating surface causing premature wear of the cowling. Once the cowling is worn, a sharp edge will slice through the proseal and scrap out the tail boom. Unfortunally I can't answer the original post but I highly recommend using an antichafe tape.

Don't use proseal, the cowlng will chafe on the proseal and wear the rolled portion at the mating surface causing premature wear of the cowling. Once the cowling is worn, a sharp edge will slice through the proseal and scrap out the tail boom. Unfortunally I can't answer the original post but I highly recommend using an antichafe tape.

If the clearance was such that there was any ability for the cowl to "scrap out the tail boom" I think you have bigger problems that no chafe tape/PRC can fix. What A/C and or cowling type are you referring to . When the PRC is used as chafe protection properly you will be able to see any wear and re-apply before any damage occurs.