Helicopter Operations

Leadingedge.....let me repeat my definition for you in bold so you might understand it this time....

(your replies often indicate that you are pre-planning your rebuttal before you have thoroughly read and tried to understand the full post).

"Their values are so out of touch with the real world that I can only suspect they have lost control of their sanity, thus the title 'nutcases'."

I am sure a psychologist such as yourself doesn't use the term "nut-case", or define patients as such.

However, as a commercial helicopter pilot in Canada for over 20 years now, I do feel I have the experience to determine whether someone is completely out of touch with the realities of our industry, and therefore suits my definition of a "nut-case".

You always seem so offended when we don't all fall over in complete obeyance and agreement with your posts. That's what started this thread, and you continue to thrash that idea, even without prompting.

Then you give preachy lectures about how people have to learn how to disagree.

Is it possible for you to accept that many of the posters here are sick of this constant thrashing of your opinions that we simply don't agree with??

It is no wonder the term "nabobs of negativism" was used recently.

With all the "training" in psychology that you have, I suspect that you would qualify to work as a "university-educated employee" for another character that spent too much time around here a while ago.

He'd definitely fit anyone's definition of a "nut-case".

Your spelling ability strikes a stunning resemblence to his.

Maybe he could spend some time on your couch.

Would you be so kind as to list your qualifications as a "trained psychologist", where you still use that training, and in what capacity you are related to the helicopter industry.

Many of us are just dying to know.

As many people have noticed, this website is now "all about you", so go ahead.

Yawning in anticipation, Over-talk.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leadingedge ------1) I believe you have me confused with Over-Talk. I never suggested that you were Sisyphus and wouldn't........because I don't really care if you are Paul Martin in disguise........it still doesn't change my post Paul...'er...I mean Leadingedge. 2) I've already stated to Sisyphus that there are already some who agree with SOME of his points....so count me out on that item. 3) any employee that I would employ would have to learn to work with the others in my employ. They are not going to change things because he stepped through the hangar doors.......and they won't care if he's Captain Canuk and Igor Sikorsky all wrapped up in one. If my esteemed new employee has a difficult time accepting that, then we will converse in my office about it. If we cannot reach some accomodation, then he is free to leave. 4) as far as I'm concerned, I have attained an MbA that took me many years at "Uncle Sam's" cost to obtain because classes were difficult to attend in places like Resolute Bay and James Bay......and I ain't the "sharpest knife in the drawer" anyway. I learned this much though........some people in this business called aviation, picked the wrong profession and for the wrong reasons. Then again, I knew that before I got my degrees and those degrees didn't halp me set the a/c down any smoother or help me to get along any better with my cohorts at my place of work. As long as I understood that the engineer was GOD when the a/c was on the ground and that he understood I was GOD when it was in the air, we all got along just fine. The owner(s) just wanted me to get the job done within the rules, make some effort to keep his client happy and bring the a/c home in one piece. I didn't always manage to attain all those ideals because I ain't "God's gift to aviation....but I try and that's all I expect of others.

Cap

This whole thread started because Skywrench suspended my posting ability then repealed his decision once I agreed to conduct what ever democratic, transparent process under another server, he did however say it was OK to accumulate as much information as I likes as long as it didn't step over the Via liability which it never did. It continued when I stated that Sisyphus was under attack for the thread that was erased - "blacklist thing". I only have advocated fairness and tolerance and tried not to take any one side. (If you remember correctly)

Mean while in another galaxy Overtalk is completely confused and demanding that skywrench provide him with proof to the contrary claiming Nutcase syndrome.

Anyway Cap, it is always interesting and informative reading your posts. And I am sure you would be a good person to work for/ with. Very understanding and intuitive.

OT

As for you Mr. Overtalk, I will suggest that you have overtalked. It's pretty amazing how you can reach conclusions and suggest that somebody is nuts. Your comments are a little insulting to say the least. How have you interpreted what I have written to suggest that I am nuts? I am dying to know? Perhaps there has been a communication confusion interpretation malfunction (CCIM)- check the breaker!

...Everybody deserves respect and the right to work. If a particular individual doesn't fit in well, then is the rest of the group who must show tolerance and understanding that all persons are not the same.

No where in the world does this apply less than in the aviation industry. Every time one of lifts off this ole earth, we hold anywhere from 1 to 15 or more lives in our hands. Maybe more if we count ground people... (Read responsibilities, talents, and ability required). Everyone may deserve the 'right to work' but not where ever they choose, because as Cap has clearly explained, not everyone fits in everywhere. And a touchy - feel good mandate does not change that.

This is an industry where you have to boss, grunt, gopher, PR person, load calculator, hazard assessor, goat, problem (everything flows downhill), decision maker, time management advisor, financial advisor (best value for customer/trip planning) and problem solver. Probably missed a few, but you get the idea. B)

Not to say we bully, abuse, discriminate etc, but it is not a place for the guy that just wants to ‘fit in someplace’.

“Tolerance and understanding” is different than all the above. So if an individual finds he is not ‘fitting in’ in more than one or two places, maybe it’s not the industry, maybe the answer is found in the mirror…. :down:

What do I base this on? No degrees, just 30+ years in this business getting along with bosses, customers, and others. Haven't been run off a job or fired yet... :up:

Leadingedge,

Where did I suggest that you are nuts ??

Where did I demand anything from Skywrench ??

You seem to infer all sorts of comments from these pages, and many of your inferences seem to be far from what the writer has actually written.

You also supposedly "quote" people, and yet you do not use a direct quote, but something similar that helps to illustrate your particular point of view.

Please reply to what is written.

Your desire to argue seems to far exceed your ability to simply agree or disagree.

Yes, we are all "different". Thank goodness for that.

But it is becoming obvious why you want to have a job guaranteed, regardless of how "different" (or difficult) an employee may be.

Skids Up ------- there is not ONE thing that I have stated that is not common industry SOP or thinking. I didn't get any of it through obtaining degrees, getting married or meditating with some "Shawmi". I THOUGHT it was all common sense, but it would appear that perhaps times are changing more than I thought or it wasn't common sense in the first place. Most of it I learned from a family that had been in the business for generations, the "charter" F/W community and observing and listening to the "old timers" that preceded me in this business. So my thoughts are only things that I learned from aviation and seen them WORK with my own eyes. Geez, come to think of it, maybe I should get my eyes checked better. :lol: You just added on to my "supposed wisdom" ........and you're correct again. I guess that now makes you "wise" also. :lol::lol:

Leadingedge ------- the above comments are not directed your way or in reply to your post which I understood and with no offense taken on my part.

Overtalk explain this

"This place has become a haven for a few nut-cases lately.

(Skywrench/moderators, sorry about the name-calling....but am I wrong ??).

I don't mind these people expressing their opinions, but if their opinions had some basis in reality it would make a pleasant change.

Their values are so out of touch with the real world that I can only suspect they have lost control of their sanity, thus the title 'nutcases'.

Is it just me, or do the ideals of Sisyphus and Leadingedge seem to be very close.

Are we dealing with just one person again, using two names to support his cause ?"

Maybe it wasn't you that requested of skywrench to verify who was who! ? I'm sorry I may have miss quoted this one.?

Anyway enough said.

The whole thread is becoming tiresome.