Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helicopter Operations

bh205 --------an observation from our wives about the next door neighbour (a long-haul trucker) and me.........."Honest to God, if one didn't know that you guys didn't do different jobs, you would think that you even worked at the same company. I guess sometimes it helps a person to be on the outside looking in, rather than the other way around. Having said that, neither of us are in the professions we have for the money. We're there because we love it and a straight 9 - 5 job would drive us crazy, no matter what the pay. :D

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my job.

Though I don't always have fun at it, I always enjoy it.

Though I've lost several friends to the perils of our industry, I cannot imagine giving it up.

Maybe it was Confucious that said......

"If you enjoy your job, you will never have to work a day in your lives".

I work for (and with) a great bunch of guys.

Some of them might contribute to this great website.

None of them want a union, and all of them EARN their pay-cheques.

I couldn't imagine working 9-5, Monday to Friday.

I like to fly 8 hours over a 14 hour duty day, and to have the right AND responsibility to call-it-quits if I get tired before those limits.

(An 8 hour duty day would be terrible........can you imagine spending the other 16 hours every day in some remote tent camp, or hanging-out in downtown Fort St. Nowhere.........no thanks, not me, I'd rather be flying).

Thanks Cap, 'log56, G'member and many others, for your positive words about our great (yet sometimes crazy) industry, and this website.

They may not be perfect, but let's keep trying to make them better, rather than just bitching about them.

Sincerely, Over-talk.