Richard (Dick) Husssion

helijoe

I came across the Notice of the passing of Richard Huisson in Timmins Daily Press yesterday. I pass this on to all in our industry with my deepest synmpathies to the Huission family. AS many you may know Dick was an industry pioneer and the owner of Huission Helicopters.

Obituary for Richard Huisson

HUISSON, Richard

1931-2011

Peacefully, on Thursday February 10th, 2011, Richard (Dick) Huisson passed away at the Golden Manor at the age of 79 years. He leaves behind his caring wife, Ingrid, and his nine children; Heidi (Derek), Pamela, Craig (Cindy), Deborah (Wayne), Kimberly, Alain (Katy), Andrea (Kevin), Evan and Victoria. He is survived by his sister Beatrix (John) and many wonderful grandchildren. Born Sept. 14, 1931 in the Netherlands, Dick served in the Royal Dutch Navy as a pilot with the Dutch Commando Special Forces. He emigrated to Canada in 1953 and worked as a pilot in Alberta, the Northwest Territories, and Ontario. He arrived in Timmins in 1965 and founded Huisson Aviation in 1968, a company that provided helicopter charter services to the mining, exploration, and natural resource industries of Northern Canada for over twenty years. Throughout his tenure in Timmins, Dick was very active in the community with sponsoring team sports, leading the Timmins Porcupine Figure Skating Club, and participating with the Chamber of Commerce. Father, husband, entrepreneur, pilot, farmer, and role model; he will be missed by all. The family wishes to express their thanks to the dedicated staff of the Special Care unit of the Golden Manor. Remembrance donations made to the House of Kin would be appreciated. A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. on Tuesday February 15, 2011 from the MIRON-WILSON FUNERAL HOME Chapel. The family will receive friends on Tuesday from 12 p.m. (noon) until the time of the service at the MIRON-WILSON FUNERAL HOME, 150 Balsam St. S., Timmins. To light a memorial candle, make a donation or a condolence, please visit www.mironwilson.com

Being from Timmins, Dick was an inspiration to me growing up, I'd see his helicopters flying all over the place and that was a driving force in getting me to pursue a career in the wonderful world of rotary wing flight. I had the opportunity to meet him once, when I parked a Long Ranger in his front yard while working with his son, Evan. A very humble man of few words, but very much admired by all who have worked for him. My thoughts and sympathies go out to Evan and rest of the Huisson family.

Nick Gagnon