Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Recommend Good Logbook Software

Hello,

Can someone recommend a good logbook program?

Preferably something that works both in Mac and Windows ;)

As I need to be able to recall various statistics excel spreadsheet just doesn't seem to cut it and this is info that needs to be submitted every year.

For example, experience last 12 months, and grand total as pic and also duals in various aircrafts.

Experience in the bush, fire fighting, long and short sling bambi bucketing (total and last 12 months).

Also to report flight and duty times (last 24 hours 7 days, 30 days 42 days, 90 days etc....)

Many thanks.

Guest jacdor

I understand you asked for a computer version of a Logbook, but having a paper version, nothing beats that, you can put all the columns you want and writes notes, get it certified, easy to carry around, show it to anybody you want not just the one that have windows???

It will always work no matter what version of Windows or Mac you have in your computer. In 20 years from now you will be able to go back to the first pages to see who certified your logbook hours without having to reinstall Windows 98 to be able to read it and of course nobody can't sign in it. I can go on and on like that.

My 2 cents

JD

I understand you asked for a computer version of a Logbook, but having a paper version, nothing beats that, you can put all the columns you want and writes notes, get it certified, easy to carry around, show it to anybody you want not just the one that have windows???

It will always work no matter what version of Windows or Mac you have in your computer. In 20 years from now you will be able to go back to the first pages to see who certified your logbook hours without having to reinstall Windows 98 to be able to read it and of course nobody can't sign in it. I can go on and on like that.

My 2 cents

JD

Main problem with paper version is that there is no backup (in case it get lost of destroyed by water/fire), whereas in this day and age, files can be stored in the "cloud" like dropbox and are always accessible (from any computer), and backed up.

But more importantly, when you're asked to give statistics, you have to page through it with a calculator and perform all the summations rather than have the computer do that for you in a matter of seconds.

It's two schools of thought I guess, both are right but different.

Have a look at Logbook Pro. You can download a trial version with 50 free entries. It keeps track of all relevant times like grand totals, last 7 days,30 days and so on, day and night currency and medical expiration and a lot more. You can also add custom times like fire-fighting or offshore time to your logbook. You can print it in multiple formats and it has a backup function.

The price is reasonable I think.

Just my 2 cents!