Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Whirly-Girls Career Panel

Guest Jeremy Law

Guest Jeremy Law

Posted on behalf of Whirly-Girls:

Save the date:

March 5, 2011

1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.

Embassy Suites, Orlando on International Drive

Want to position yourself for a career launch? Join The Whirly-Girls Career Panel to find out how other Whirly-Girls achieved their current positions in the industry. This special panel of Whirly-Girls and Auxiliary members will help guide you to success in the helicopter industry by offering advice, mentorship and networking opportunities. The panel will also answer questions, offer one-on-one resume consultation during the event, and provide practical information on applying for a Whirly-Girl flight scholarship!

Here’s what happened to Tiffany Till, Whirly-Girl #1409, as a result of networking with The Whirly-Girls:

“I attended the Whirly Girl Career Panel during last year’s Heli-Expo. I was a flight instructor hoping to make that next big step in my career. The women who volunteer their time and serve on the panel have years of experience in the industry and then they turn around and share that with you. I received excellent advice, all my questions were answered, each panel member individually critiqued my resume, and offered help with networking at Heli-Expo. The help, support and advice continued long after Hel- Expo was over. These women wanted to help me and other Whirly-Girls advance in our careers! You cannot find guidance and support like this anywhere else. And by the time the 2011 Heli-Expo rolls around in March, I'll be flying helicopters in the Gulf of Mexico for a well-known helicopter operator!

Come join us Saturday afternoon!

View the full article