Low-timer Looking For Advice From You High-timers

Skidz

skidz, you hit the nail square on with your last paragraph. i remember when i had 2-300 hrs, and i would not have felt comfortable instructing others to fly.

ABQ App. my instructors had 5000 and 15000 hrs. no offence, mate, but need i say more? i am not disparaging the abilities of the guys you have at your school but i would be happier if i knew my instructor had ops experience and had also done one zillion and one auto's, stuck pedals/tail rotor failures, hydraulics failures, how to get out of sh*tty wx, mountain flying, confined's etc.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Low or high time, all good instructors will develop a reputation very quickly.......that's why they start out as IV's and not I's. It's the experience factor for them also in teaching, that allows them to advance. It requires no outstanding flying abilities to become an instructor. It does require outstanding "teaching abilities" to become a part of the "cream of the crop"...........and those kind are "born"....not "made". This applies later on to Check Pilots also and one can get a good check-out or a bad one, depending on who is doing it. Bottom line at ALL times when receiving and paying for flying instruction is ....."you the boss" and not the people you are paying the money to. So if you are not comfortable with your instructor or there's a personality conflict, then ask for another one and state why. The company can't fix something if they don't know it's broken and the reports of students is one of primary barometers for doing so.