Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

100 Hour Time Frame

BRZRKR

Just curious on opinions of how long a reasonable and safe by the book 100 hour inspection should take from skids down to skids up with no snags.

Bell 206

Robinson R44II

AS350

EC120

Hypothetically with one engineer and two apprentices. Are there actual book values for these times? Interested in opinions from the reality on the floor to perceptions from the office.

Just curious on opinions of how long a reasonable and safe by the book 100 hour inspection should take from skids down to skids up with no snags.

Bell 206

Robinson R44II

AS350

EC120

Hypothetically with one engineer and two apprentices. Are there actual book values for these times? Interested in opinions from the reality on the floor to perceptions from the office.

I forgot to include the MD500 as well.

One engineer and two apprentices, add time for extra snags, subtract time if the a/c is based with you and gets daily visual inspections from AME

Bell 206 12hrs

R44 16hrs

AS350 10hrs

EC 120 4-5hrs

MD 500 I don't know

The office wants them all done yesterday and they expect the helicopter to land in the evening and take off the next morning with all the work complete.

No book values but some 3rd party shops should be able to give you a rough quote for parts and labour. The problem with that is when you find things the bill skyrockets and the owner will usually complain about having to pay more than what was quoted.

One engineer and two apprentices, add time for extra snags, subtract time if the a/c is based with you and gets daily visual inspections from AME

Bell 206 12hrs

R44 16hrs

AS350 10hrs

EC 120 4-5hrs

MD 500 I don't know

The office wants them all done yesterday and they expect the helicopter to land in the evening and take off the next morning with all the work complete.

No book values but some 3rd party shops should be able to give you a rough quote for parts and labour. The problem with that is when you find things the bill skyrockets and the owner will usually complain about having to pay more than what was quoted.

I would agree. I've usually had to accomplish any of the above in one night no matter how late the pilot shows up. Most are surprised to find the 44 takes longer than the 206. 12 hours on a 206 with an experienced engineer and half decent apprentices that you don't have to constantly babysit would be a safe way to go. Same with the 16 on the 44. Not sure about the rest. Less time=stuff missed=bad paperwork=stressful sleep=unhappy engineer.

MD 500 is 18-25 man hours also depending on if your are looking at the aircraft daily. That would be no snags by the book. Heck of a lot of screws to undo. angry.gif I think the Notar is a bit more.

Seems like it may be kind of hard to make a living wrenching an EC120.

-Rob

Not including any snags found, I schedule myself 24 man hours for the 206B, and 32 man hours for the AS 350 for a straight 100 Hr (even a 200 Hr on a 206B), for A/C that I am reasonably familiar with. If I haven't seen the aircraft, add 4-8 hours. With 1 AME and 2 apprentices (assuming the apprentices are experienced and reliable) a 100 hr could reasonably be done in one 8-12 hour shift (for 206B and AS 350). This also depends on the inspection requirements of the company. Some will add items, increase the frequency of inspection for items, or expand some procedures to suit their own company needs.