Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

A Good Call Guys!

gwk

Cool hand!

Now the guy who worked at HJ and claimed that the guys he worked with had no VFR time, I would tend to disagree. Most of the guys I worked there with and know well have all flown VFR. However, that is really not a valid arguement either. These are professional experienced Ambulance pilots.

Nope! Perfectly accurate! Won't name any names but they had very little bush time. That was then. There were others with lots of VFR time. Bob N, Corey etc.

The point is that having the bush time helps. With everything! Flying in and out of confined areas in the bush for 5000 hrs will have an influence on ones ability to recognize survival skills and form safe habits. But as one poster said - We all make mistakes!! Considering HJ love for SOP's surprised they don't have a SOP for such type of operations, or do they??

I hope that a more powerful C+ will make a difference, I know that the A model is absolutely ( or partially) useless at altitude or even for that matter from sea level trying to make it to altitude loaded before making the college grounds.

Just glad dude had an out!!

P5

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing p****s me off more than an armchair pilot, few have a clue what is going on and they usually have their own agenda.

So people who aren't pilots can't critique the work of pilots??

You've never criticized something that was poorly designed? Or poorly welded? Or a bus-driver's driving? Or a waiter's service? By that logic, only people of a common profession can be allowed to sit in the peanut gallery. I don't think that is terribly realistic.

You're out in the world for all to see.

Pilot5, tell me if you and I flew together? Were you an F/O or a captain? Sched or Ambulance? I think I know who you are, but would like to narrow it down. Very few pilots ever came through claiming they were 5000 hour VFR pilots and claim that the captains did not listen or take their experience into consideration. And like all IFR operations, there are lots of SOP's, but this I think is a good thing. Experience is experience. A guy flying the Ambulance for 10 years VFR and IFR, has enough for that job. They have flown all over the area and landed in much more challenging spots than this one. So give the VFR experience a rest.

And just to hopefully finish this unproductive thread, just happened to see and talk to one of the ALS guys in the back of this helicopter, who also just happens to have many, many, many flights with these pilots in all sorts of weather and other situations, his comment is but don't quote me, I would have no problems getting into an aircraft with this crew ANYTIME. That is the trust and bond that all of these crews have built over many years of flying together.

Learn from others mistakes so as that you do not have to make your own.

Let this thread die. It has gone too far already.

Fly safe gang!!

Regards,

Curtis

meh. I wouldn't call it unproductive. I learned something. The video was informative to me.

We don't all have to be best friends.....(we don't have to be total dicks either....but it doesn't have to be unicorns and rainbows)

meh. I wouldn't call it unproductive. I learned something. The video was informative to me.

We don't all have to be best friends.....(we don't have to be total dicks either....but it doesn't have to be unicorns and rainbows)

Here is another informative video! Mike!

Maybe once or twice I think Curtis. Would have to check the charts.

Cheers

P5

I hope that a more powerful C+ will make a difference, I know that the A model is absolutely ( or partially) useless at altitude or even for that matter from sea level trying to make it to altitude loaded before making the college grounds.

how will the C+ make any difference in this event? i wish i was smoking what you are smoking.