Ec130

Roo

This used to be a good forum where a guy could go for a little advice for issues he came across in the field. I think the amount of jibberish and bullying I see here is exactly why the industry is so low on qualified personnel. Too scared to say 'I don't know', so I'll just cover up my ignorance with arrogance. It's like a plague in this industry and I can only hope the whiners and haters make their way to the curb fast. Focus more on your job and less on your ego before you kill someone. Keep safe and have fun. :up:

Totally agree way to many egos... I call it the frat boy mentality... or "those that dont cut it" its almost like bullying i guess.. Peer group crap... Do some reaserch on the Asch conformity experiment its exactly what it is.. the people that no longer frequent this forum were the bullies!!! now they are gone and there is some freedom of expression and opinions.. Granted it can decay but freedom to say what you believe. The bullies are the ones that when they cannot rebut an argument they simply revert to personal attacks... " go work at Mcdonalds" if you dont like it get out etc... Mindless.. They to are entitled to an opinion as it were...

ignorance is replaced by arrogance.. unfortunately these types do sit in decision making positions. some times. Probably got there by bullying there way up there... Sad me thinks...Oh well

P5

I have bucketed beside one and the 407 kicks *** at that

I always like these comments, because it allows me to ask about the most common variable, and thats simply:

can you enlighten us to the skill level and qualifications of the two pilots?? as they have a far greater outcome to the end result than an unsubstantiated comparison lacking control of all variablea

I always like these comments, because it allows me to ask about the most common variable, and thats simply:

can you enlighten us to the skill level and qualifications of the two pilots?? as they have a far greater outcome to the end result than an unsubstantiated comparison lacking control of all variablea

I have to agree with that comment...

Proficiency in the mountains, long-lining, vs belly bucketing, experience level, flying style and respect of limitations all come into play when 2 similar ships are side by side.

I recall a time on a fire in the mountains with 2 identical ships on the same circuit with one lapping the other every 2 drops... So, if you and a totally different type have different outcomes, I don't think that is a fair comparison. Apples to oranges?

Through all the gack on this thread it would appear from a few posts that the 130 may not be a decent ski machine...

Totally agree way to many egos... I call it the frat boy mentality... or "those that dont cut it" its almost like bullying i guess.. Peer group crap... Do some reaserch on the Asch conformity experiment its exactly what it is.. the people that no longer frequent this forum were the bullies!!! now they are gone and there is some freedom of expression and opinions.. Granted it can decay but freedom to say what you believe. The bullies are the ones that when they cannot rebut an argument they simply revert to personal attacks... " go work at Mcdonalds" if you dont like it get out etc... Mindless.. They to are entitled to an opinion as it were...

ignorance is replaced by arrogance.. unfortunately these types do sit in decision making positions. some times. Probably got there by bullying there way up there... Sad me thinks...Oh well

P5

i'm late to the party again...P5.. I think the 'those that don't cut' attitude your talking about is part of being responsible for the oversight of a company. Unless you believe that every pilot can do every job, then there is a line in the sand where some people will fall on the 'those that don't cut it" side. Those decisions have to be made by people like Ops managers, CP's and training pilots. It's part of being in a position of responsibility....because when there is a smoking hole in the ground everyone is looking for someone to blame...and the first people in the crosshairs are the people who run the show. So this leads to the situation of deciding that some people just don't cut it.....could they be wrong in the opinion? maybe....but they don't have the same luxury to be wrong the other way. If you say 'ya...i think that guy could do it' and you're wrong...well I'm sure we've all seen the results of that.

So it's not a secret club and it's not about bully other people....whether it's skiing or moving drills or (insert flying specialty here)...some people just don't have the right mix of skills and / or some people don't like it. I know a couple of extremely skilled pilots who heliski...they don't like it...and it shows in their confidence, in their flying.

Is heliski different?..I'd say so....

but then again I probably can't be trusted cuz I know the secret hand shake...

I was trying to avoid getting in to this S%#$ show about all this but you sir are a complete waste of space on this forum. It's a no wonder your avatar is charlie sheen, you think you are the s%#$ while everyone else is laughing. Someone with some REAL piloting experience on the 130 just came on here and quite possibly made the most valid post in this topic yet and you jump on him like a rabid hyena. EVERYTHING he just said about the 130 is true. So go do us all a favor and go burry your head in a bowl of coke and stumble your way out of this forum in "Charlie Sheen" style.

Thanks Three_Per, we are the largest and oldest operater of EC130's in Canada.

I can assure all I know about the 130

you should be more eloquent in your responses then. go back and re-read you post, it simply oozes anger and is not backed up with anything. Sounds more like a personal rant with an agenda. Your employer might appreciate that if you're speaking on their behalf.

you should be more eloquent in your responses then. go back and re-read you post, it simply oozes anger and is not backed up with anything. Sounds more like a personal rant with an agenda. Your employer might appreciate that if you're speaking on their behalf.

I'm not going to dignify that with a responce !!

i'm late to the party again...P5.. I think the 'those that don't cut' attitude your talking about is part of being responsible for the oversight of a company. Unless you believe that every pilot can do every job, then there is a line in the sand where some people will fall on the 'those that don't cut it" side. Those decisions have to be made by people like Ops managers, CP's and training pilots. It's part of being in a position of responsibility....because when there is a smoking hole in the ground everyone is looking for someone to blame...and the first people in the crosshairs are the people who run the show. So this leads to the situation of deciding that some people just don't cut it.....could they be wrong in the opinion? maybe....but they don't have the same luxury to be wrong the other way. If you say 'ya...i think that guy could do it' and you're wrong...well I'm sure we've all seen the results of that.

So it's not a secret club and it's not about bully other people....whether it's skiing or moving drills or (insert flying specialty here)...some people just don't have the right mix of skills and / or some people don't like it. I know a couple of extremely skilled pilots who heliski...they don't like it...and it shows in their confidence, in their flying.

Is heliski different?..I'd say so....

but then again I probably can't be trusted cuz I know the secret hand shake...

Chief Pilot or Ops issues a job advert for Heliski pilot.

Pilots with out job apply. The Submit resume.

CP and Ops looks at resumes and chooses most qualified with winter ops experience, and willingness to do job. The logic works...

Why would someone who is facing unemployment not make an effort to demonstrate to an employer that he or she is not willing ... ?? As far as I am concerned if I am broke and looking for work and find work I will like the work. I will have a good attitude and make an effort.

If my flying skills and customer skills are there as they should ( given my experience) be the only factor that could jeopordize my employment is the frat club... May be I am not responsive to brown nosing and making the head guy feel as important as he want to feel.. maybe unwillingly I am stealing his thunder.. and he's miffed...

As far as I am concerned if the guys can smile at the customer and fly safe then the rest is all CRAP! If the guy has been hired in the first place and the experience is verifiable, then it is what it is.

Secret handshakes included.

P5

I thought size didn't matter, haha

Isn't the largest operator of B4's the OMNR? I'd take the advise of the GSH guys and other western operators who have worked these machine above 1000'.