Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ec130

Roo

you should be more eloquent in your responses then. go back and re-read you post, it simply oozes anger and is not backed up with anything. Sounds more like a personal rant with an agenda. Your employer might appreciate that if you're speaking on their behalf.

I don't work for the company, so I feel I'm allowd to chime in and say every guy/gal I've talked to that has any amount of time in them, pretty much give them the thumbs down for utility work. :down:

Just because a Maclaren is shiney and fast doesn't mean it's a good car to haul lumber with.

I don't work for the company, so I feel I'm allowd to chime in and say every guy/gal I've talked to that has any amount of time in them, pretty much give them the thumbs down for utility work. :down:

Just because a Maclaren is shiney and fast doesn't mean it's a good car to haul lumber with.

perhaps this is an issue that must be taken up with marketing and operations managers that have selected and been sold this aircraft.

Its not the aircrafts fault it's not perfect for everyones job.

If a company selected the wrong aircraft for the job for whatever reason...buy something different. I bought a pick-up for hauling my lumber. How about you? You didn't get a porsche did you? (I assume you made an intelligent decision when you went shopping like the majority)

The registry shows 27 being operated in canada. The biggest operator is for sure OMNR. They don't ski with it as far as I know.

I do own a porsche thanks....'87 944 turbo

I don't do things with lumber.....might get a splinter

*disclaimer.....they could be great in ontario/sea levelish. My previous post was referring to anything with a high DA*

and I'll back out of this as I have not flown one...

maybe we should ask someone who has?

oh ya.....he was shot down for giving an opinion based on having some experience in one.... :P

The EC130 was designed for sightseeing tours. Anything else is added bonus. They don't land off field very well(low ground clearance, pitot tube on the belly), they are big and fat and respond that way and are expensive. The cargo basket set up is not as nice as other machines, not a big deal though. The reason the MNR uses them is the safety factor(dual hydraulics, energy absorbing seats all around, windowtron and a carbon canopy for roll protection). They are all made to have A/C in them and not so much the "heating"/demisting. I'm sure it'll still do the job and the customers will be impressed by all the glass but is it economically viable?

I have about 300 hrs driving the 'Fat Star" and wouldn't bother skiing with it, they have way too many issues in the cold,the shoulder belt inertia reels need to be pre-heated, windshields crack, doors are Crap,gear is too low(you will break the mirror in crusty snow),Fenestron is way too sluggish,handles like a f*#$ing bus, only good thing is the spacious cabin.

I'm told "Eurocrapter" can't even give the F#%$ing things away and anyone who has one is trying to get rid of it. We have a bunch of them and would love to trade them for B3's

To get some more info on your issues, have the SB's available been complied with? All of these in one way or another address your complaints to a degree.

Windshields : SB 05A005, SB 56-001, SB 56-002, SB 56-004

Doors: SB 52-003, 52-004, 52-007, 52-009 52-015

As for being low, it's only 4" lower than a B3 on the belly (24" vs 20"). Does 4" make that much of a difference when belly landing in the snow? last time I checked, including 206 on low gear all the way up to a 500 on high gear, anything under neath is vulnerable. So I don't see how this is in anyway a factor to complain about. It's not unique to any ship. Its a problem experienced by all. Everyone will break a mirror/antenna/belly panel at some point.

Fenestron is what it is, designed for safety and quiet. It has a tradeoff. Like it or leave it.

^

Please shut the #### up. No one gives a #### what you think. This thread is about people who know ####, talking about a machine and what they like/don't like. If they think the fenestron sucks ***, then let them think that. If you knew anything about anything you would stop quoting bullshit off of Wikipedia for us who actually know what the #### we are talking about. And one more thing; if you think 4" doesn't make a difference...

Never mind.

(End of day rant, after logging onto what used to be a helicopter forum, and reading this douche bag's posts in every ******** thread. Over and out.)

To get some more info on your issues, have the SB's available been complied with? All of these in one way or another address your complaints to a degree.

Windshields : SB 05A005, SB 56-001, SB 56-002, SB 56-004

Doors: SB 52-003, 52-004, 52-007, 52-009 52-015

As for being low, it's only 4" lower than a B3 on the belly (24" vs 20"). Does 4" make that much of a difference when belly landing in the snow? last time I checked, including 206 on low gear all the way up to a 500 on high gear, anything under neath is vulnerable. So I don't see how this is in anyway a factor to complain about. It's not unique to any ship. Its a problem experienced by all. Everyone will break a mirror/antenna/belly panel at some point.

Fenestron is what it is, designed for safety and quiet. It has a tradeoff. Like it or leave it.

So now you're an engineer too. So while you were on type course I'm sure they explained to you the benefits of all these sb's. Did they explain that some sb's are just in existence for legal reasons and some don't actually fix anything? Do you understand the behavior of different materials being mated together in different hot and cold situations? Pretending you know about flying a helicopter is one thing, but your crossing the line here when it comes to fixing them, mister! And yes, 4 inches makes a huge difference- like about 4 days of composite repairs. Anyone can read and interpret an SB, but unless you actually do this work on an actual machine in an actual operation- you don't know jack.

do you guys really need me to rattle off my endorsements now too? perhaps my TC licence #?

Maybe the AMO and employer I work for?

Or perhaps the moderating team should come after you guys at this point for continual flaming of myself.

Tell you what Twinstar, you private me a message, I'll tell you who I am in confidence and what my qualifications are, and you can take it from there.

^

Please shut the #### up. No one gives a #### what you think. This thread is about people who know ####, talking about a machine and what they like/don't like. If they think the fenestron sucks ***, then let them think that. If you knew anything about anything you would stop quoting bullshit off of Wikipedia for us who actually know what the #### we are talking about. And one more thing; if you think 4" doesn't make a difference...

Never mind.

(End of day rant, after logging onto what used to be a helicopter forum, and reading this douche bag's posts in every ******** thread. Over and out.)

For the record, this is not me. However I do agree :)