Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ec130

Roo

do you guys really need me to rattle off my endorsements now too? perhaps my TC licence #?

Maybe the AMO and employer I work for?

Or perhaps the moderating team should come after you guys at this point for continual flaming of myself.

Tell you what Twinstar, you private me a message, I'll tell you who I am in confidence and what my qualifications are, and you can take it from there.

At this point I would need to see those things. I'm not trying to flame you friend, but I hate it when non-industry folks try to belittle industry folks because of their interpretation of a situation they are not involved in. Armchair pilots or engineers are not welcome or appreciated in my opinion. Asking questions is one thing, but telling people how to do their jobs is quite another.

And yes, 4 inches makes a huge difference- like about 4 days of composite repairs.

Before I even think of entertaining your request about my experience, let me pick your brain on this comment.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, will agree that landing in deep powder (which is what i was commenting on since this is the Ski Thread) is a belly landing by default. 6+ feet of snow pretty much dictates that, the skid tubes will never touch terra ferma. Are we on the same page yet? We were not discussing a foresty slash burn job in central manitoba after nov15 .

Would you like to discuss further and explain how slightly longer legs will make a difference when you're beyond balls deep of anything available out there?

Guest Angry Egg Driver

do you guys really need me to rattle off my endorsements now too? perhaps my TC licence #?

Maybe the AMO and employer I work for?

Or perhaps the moderating team should come after you guys at this point for continual flaming of myself.

Tell you what Twinstar, you private me a message, I'll tell you who I am in confidence and what my qualifications are, and you can take it from there.

"I am not a pilot, but i am concerned for my safety and the safety of my guys on the ground.

I will continue to follow ornges guide and will allow their pilots to make their own decisions, no pilot needs to take my zone for granted, and i don't get offended if they opt for a different location. However, should some yahoo/stick jockey/arrogant a$$, pull a stunt and endanger those on the ground as this pilot did and endanger my crew, I will be forthright and quick with a formal complaint to their management, fully expecting a logical response."

Your credibility is disappearing quickly.This is an exact quote from a previous post you made.

"I am not a pilot, but i am concerned for my safety and the safety of my guys on the ground.

I will continue to follow ornges guide and will allow their pilots to make their own decisions, no pilot needs to take my zone for granted, and i don't get offended if they opt for a different location. However, should some yahoo/stick jockey/arrogant a$$, pull a stunt and endanger those on the ground as this pilot did and endanger my crew, I will be forthright and quick with a formal complaint to their management, fully expecting a logical response."

Your credibility is disappearing quickly.This is an exact quote from a previous post you made.

If Sudden Stop is an engineer, that quote was definitely misleading. Thanks AED, I was looking for that quote.

You would think he would take his lumps and go play in another sandbox, but don't count on it. This guy sounds like another "infamous poster",

Fenestron.????

perhaps this is an issue that must be taken up with marketing and operations managers that have selected and been sold this aircraft.

Its not the aircrafts fault it's not perfect for everyones job.

If a company selected the wrong aircraft for the job for whatever reason...buy something different. I bought a pick-up for hauling my lumber. How about you? You didn't get a porsche did you? (I assume you made an intelligent decision when you went shopping like the majority)

The registry shows 27 being operated in canada. The biggest operator is for sure OMNR. They don't ski with it as far as I know.

Hmmmmm.....sounds like "Mags" has revived under a different alias !!!??!! Still at Eurocopter ????

Sudden,

In many situations machines are landing in the snow where other landings have already been made. It's not neccesarily a "belly landing".

DM

At Associated and Canadian they always(used to anyhow) put the machines(206,Astar and 212) on low gear so they would be settling into the belly and not be tippy for heliskiing. Was very safe and the aircraft seemed alot more stable then the high gear. Alot of the old companies operated on low gear in the mountains and there was a valid reason. Low gear is not so nice when landing in bush or crusty snow but folks did it for decades. There are lots of days when wished was on low gear but now we have swing hooks and such to damage the belly so is a different bag of tricks.

Hi All,

Looking for some feedback from anyone who has heliskied in a 130?

I have ran the numbers and it appears to be better than the 407 once you hit some altitude and when the temp climbs. I have never flown a fenestron ship and the fact that you sit on the left side may take some getting use to as a ski pilot (site picture).

An feedback would be appreciated.

Roo asked a perfectly legitimate question and then got slagged by a bunch of idiots.

ELAN HEAD - If you chose to keep this forum alive, you need to get your #### together.

Perhaps we should only allow folk who have a CAD.

Yes, I hear the response from those not qualified, but we could do, as has been done before, a subset # of their supervisors.

What it would do is remove the unqualified respondents from this forum.