Ec130

Roo

Ok I'm going to say this as respectfully and non-smartassedly as I can.

You are really missing the point of an internet forum. The whole idea is to bring people from all over with different backgrounds into one spot to discuss a common interest. I have been posting on forums for 10 years. And from one in particular, I have "friends" from all over the world that I've never met....and actually may never have even seen a photo of them and don't even know their real names. But it doesn't really matter. And yep, when you have many people with different backgrounds you will have disagreements.

I've never seen such a small forum have so much bickering. The intolerance for difference of opinion here is mind boggling. But be that as it may, closing the forum off to only people who agree with you defeats the purpose of an internet forum.

You disagree with someone? Ok. Disagree. That's kind of how life works. Not every discussion has to be a fight to the death until the other person agrees with you. You can't please all of the people all of the time. Live and let live. and all that.

Calling out Elan (who most certainly has better things to do with her time than to wipe the collective *** of the forum community), is not going to cure what ails this beleaguered forum.

If you only want to talk to your friends that agree with your every statement, you can do that privately and conveniently on Facebook.

• Like 2

Ok I'm going to say this as respectfully and non-smartassedly as I can.

You are really missing the point of an internet forum. The whole idea is to bring people from all over with different backgrounds into one spot to discuss a common interest. I have been posting on forums for 10 years. And from one in particular, I have "friends" from all over the world that I've never met....and actually may never have even seen a photo of them and don't even know their real names. But it doesn't really matter. And yep, when you have many people with different backgrounds you will have disagreements.

I've never seen such a small forum have so much bickering. The intolerance for difference of opinion here is mind boggling. But be that as it may, closing the forum off to only people who agree with you defeats the purpose of an internet forum.

You disagree with someone? Ok. Disagree. That's kind of how life works. Not every discussion has to be a fight to the death until the other person agrees with you. You can't please all of the people all of the time. Live and let live. and all tha

Calling out Elan (who most certainly has better things to do with her time than to wipe the collective *** of the forum community), is not going to cure what ails this beleaguered forum.

If you only want to talk to your friends that agree with your every statement, you can do that privately and conveniently on Facebook.

Exactly

Well said Mike and I do agree.

An additional point from my point of view is that I am always mindful of the fact that I am not in the industry and come here for knowledge and entertainment. When posting, I will always treat those in the industry with respect and would never question their thoughts / opinions on matters pertaining to helicopters...how can I as an outsider?

I am an expert in my field and welcome input from others, as long as they do not question my thoughts or opinions.

Regards,

Mark

I’m confused.

14 pages back, Roo was looking for some feedback on using the EC 130B4 as a heli-ski ship. Nothing more; it was just a simple question. After I got through reading the last 14 pages, I’m left scratching my head wondering how this thread spun out of control? Can someone please enlighten me? I thought we were ALL supposed to be professionals here? But after reading through the pages this is clearly not the case.

For those of you that have provided some good discussion and information for Roo, thank you. As for the others? I have no problem in asking you to go check out another forum. In fact, I encourage you to go elsewhere where you can beat each other up with personal attacks and insults.

It wasn’t so long ago that there were great discussions on these forums. But over the past few years those that were making excellent contributions have left one by one as this forum has been overtaken by individuals that are less then professional (I’m being kind in my description). I will apologize now to those that continue to make great contributions to this forum - you know who you are. For those that don’t – you know who you are too! Leave, or go start your own forum.

Old Dog…you single out our editor-in-chief Elan Head that SHE needs to get her ##### together in order to keeps these forums alive. Just to be clear, Elan has tried on so MANY occasions to help clean up this forum, but to no avail! For a period there wasn’t a day that went by when we weren’t discussing how to clean up the latest thread. But why would it be Elan’s or anyone else’s responsibility from Vertical to clean these forums up? When it comes down to it, it’s up to everyone on this forum to clean it up! I thought that we were all professionals? People complain that the forums continue to go down hill, and yet those very same people are the ones that continue to make personal attacks and banter back and forth on something that has absolutely nothing to do with the original posting. It’s easy when you can hide behind a username.

This morning my three kids were bickering back and forth before we headed out the door for the day. The only way I could make them stop was to threaten them by taking away some of the things that they enjoy in life. Funny, the bickering stopped immediately. “Sorry daddy.” Is this what we have to do with these forums?

When we switched the forums over to the new style, we said that we would be more heavy-handed with the moderating. I think you will all agree when I say that I have failed in ensuring that these forums don’t spin out of control like they have. Starting today, I will begin banning those that continue to post what I consider to be unprofessional comments or posts. You can go to another forum. We are only interested in professionals in this industry that want to educate and share good information. Sure, we can all have disagreements. But there is no place here for insults and such.

In an effort to help clean the forums up, I am looking for additional moderators. Allot of you are complaining about how the forums have gone down hill. BUt, we need your help to get them back to what they used to be.

I invite any of you to PM or email me mike@verticalmag.com with any suggestions or concerns that you have with the forums.

I will continue to leave this thread open. But, I will shut it down if it spirals into a black hole.

Regards,

Mike Reyno

Publisher/Owner

Vertical

In agreement with Mike and others I also think a great way to rid this forum of the uneducated, non-applicable information from these forums would be to have your actual name and company you are employed with on your profile. These forums could become a great resource of experiences and information for all instead of what it seems to be currently. All of us could band together to tackle issues on the table like the possible changes to the flight and duty time that may prove to really hurt the helicopter industry. You will find my information on my profile and oh ya we operate an EC 130 as well. Or we could leave these forums like they are and I won't be here...

• Like 1

"I am not a pilot, but i am concerned for my safety and the safety of my guys on the ground.

I will continue to follow ornges guide and will allow their pilots to make their own decisions, no pilot needs to take my zone for granted, and i don't get offended if they opt for a different location. However, should some yahoo/stick jockey/arrogant a$$, pull a stunt and endanger those on the ground as this pilot did and endanger my crew, I will be forthright and quick with a formal complaint to their management, fully expecting a logical response."

Your credibility is disappearing quickly.This is an exact quote from a previous post you made.

In addition to my experience as an engineer I am also a Volunteer Firefighter. Hence the responsibilty to the safety of my crew.

Does that help now?