Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ec130

Roo

All I was going to say is that the 407 has many more ski basket options out on the market. This is likely a secondary consideration. But still.....

I've only ever been in one EC130 and the instrument panel shook like crazy. Are they all like that?

Its ok MMike, was only a joke, most comments had a legit point, just thought was rather funny that Roo asked for pilot's pov and so many were from non pilots.

Poor Roo, asks a simple question and the only answer he gets which is acceptable is quite "Hazy"(no offense meant btw) the rest are from an AME, a pinky engineer, a medic and a stiffy,,,alas the issues of our industry(oh, oh, oh that is supposed to be funny there panty man)

who's the medic??

if you're referring to me, go back to class, pay attention

Guest Angry Egg Driver

who's the medic??

if you're referring to me, go back to class, pay attention

Maybe you should pay attention...the original post "Looking for some feedback from anyone who has heliskied in a 130?"

I agree with SC...this forum has turned into a place where a bunch of non-aviation people make useless comments about things they know nothing about...and throw Pilot 5 in...

Adios Vertical forums

knowing what I know, and according to some it's sweet F-all, yet I'm not convinced heli skiing in a 130, landing in deep soft powder is going to flex the floor all that much. Its like flopping your fat girlfriend onto the water bed. She probably likes that better than bending her over the lazy boy with one thundering thigh over your shoulder.

That being said, the floor frame is basically the same as the 350B3, although widened, and appropriately re-enforced. I highly doubt the flexing, if noticeable, is causing any problems.

For those that fly the 130, and land on uneven ground, do you notice gaps around the doors? that would be a realtime check to know if your floor is flexing.

Just to reply in a serious way so that you know that people read your posts in an honest manner and to prove you do not know to what you are speaking about. Snow as the inuits know have some 200 words to describe the various types of it. Have seen "soft snow" drive out the long line windows and landing lights in astars. The same kind of analogy could be used as water being soft. Have seen many a medium belly damaged by too agressive pilots heliskiing. So I can see the fusalage flexed, so an uniformed guess by someone not knowing is simply that a guess. This is why Roo would ask for a pilot's pov, an AME working on these ships may aslo have a very good pov as well but you did not. Trying to dumb it down to our level with derogotory remarks about women are lost in a public forum. Keep your remarks polite and topshelf and perhaps you will gain respect here otherwise if you put in garbage you will get out garbage.

Guest Angry Egg Driver

23 years aviation and still counting.....hardly qualifies me as non aviation.

Guilty conscious? I never actually referred to you as non-aviation. Read before you type.I simply stated that you need to pay attention.

I rest my case!

This forum used to be a great place to learn things and keep up with what was happening in our industry.Oh how things have changed.

Sorry for the diversion from the topic Roo.

the 3 point landing gear (single mount rear) was to allow more flex in gear and not the airframe. The problem is the gear can pivot enough for the big fairings on the rear crosstubes to contact the belly panels.

Same problem with the 120 but worse in the 130.

I heard EC was looking at ways to improve the fenestron (increasing rpm at altitude) as that system will likely be found on the AS350 replacement. As it is its good to about 8000'.

You would want one helluva demister/heater to keep all the glass clear.

Most 130s are configured with the sliding door on the left and one giant door on the right.

That right door could be an issue in windy/hovering exits.