Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ec130

Roo

Just to reply in a serious way so that you know that people read your posts in an honest manner and to prove you do not know to what you are speaking about. Snow as the inuits know have some 200 words to describe the various types of it. Have seen "soft snow" drive out the long line windows and landing lights in astars. The same kind of analogy could be used as water being soft. Have seen many a medium belly damaged by too agressive pilots heliskiing. So I can see the fusalage flexed, so an uniformed guess by someone not knowing is simply that a guess. This is why Roo would ask for a pilot's pov, an AME working on these ships may aslo have a very good pov as well but you did not. Trying to dumb it down to our level with derogotory remarks about women are lost in a public forum. Keep your remarks polite and topshelf and perhaps you will gain respect here otherwise if you put in garbage you will get out garbage.

I never said it did not flex, only that i highly doubting the flexing was causing problems with the doors in particular. happy now?

as for the respect, i'm not here for any thank you very much. I find it other ways by people that matter to me. Unknown posters (you however I do know) are very low on my scale of respect.

You would want one helluva demister/heater to keep all the glass clear.

Most 130s are configured with the sliding door on the left and one giant door on the right.

That right door could be an issue in windy/hovering exits.

Might be alright that way. If the SOPs have everyone exiting left side with the slider (I know the guides love the slider's here), pilot is left side, and basket left side so PIC can see it.

It would be the exact opposite from what we have in our B2s but nothing wrong with that.

Tail authority? No experience with it.

Demisters? I agree with Nuthin. Might go deaf with that thing hissing full blast all day!

Maybe we should just ask the experts... http://www.helihub.com/2010/10/01/tlh-heliskiing-to-fly-skiers-and-snowboarders-in-ec130/

From the article "Along with the obvious improvements in space and passenger comfort the B4 helicopter was designed with an enclosed tail fan rather than the traditional tail rotor. This not only reduces the constant hazard of the tail rotor, due to the spinning blades, the enclosed tail fan also reduces noise by up to 50%. A quieter helicopter ride, with more space, provides passengers with a more enjoyable all round experience, part of TLH’s mandate to provide the best possible backcountry heli-skiing or snowboarding experience for guests."

Of course thats mostly marketing fluff and not real world info but maybe a call to TLH would give you some better answers. They obviously seem to think the B4 has a fighting chance in the Heli Ski market.

I never said it did not flex, only that i highly doubting the flexing was causing problems with the doors in particular. happy now?

as for the respect, i'm not here for any thank you very much. I find it other ways by people that matter to me. Unknown posters (you however I do know) are very low on my scale of respect.

Well have not ever been anonymous here so na na boo boo to me,,,

paul kendall(still)

John...One would be using reference to land and one would be done by perhaps,,,,magic...if you mean by using the mountain as reference then there is no difference other than perhaps one is doing a recreational activity and one is not....shall I go on? What is your point and perhaps a less rediculous response would arrive.

Poor Roo, asks a simple question and the only answer he gets which is acceptable is quite "Hazy"(no offense meant btw) the rest are from an AME, a pinky engineer, a medic and a stiffy,,,alas the issues of our industry(oh, oh, oh that is supposed to be funny there panty man)

The site picture from left is only different if you are looking at stakes on right, so the stakes have to put on left. The aircraft can supposedly fly 50 knts sideways. The 130 is a heavy aircraft thus does not have the payload available compared to b3 but if went lllllllight on fuel would be fine I would think. Older models were the heavy ones and thus rather useless for this but apparently just the first so many serial numbers were that way and newer ones are substantially lighter. But everyone hangs cheeks/pods, god knows what else off them and they are like superstops girlfriends;)

Thanks for the clear answer. So there is no difference, one utility one recreational. So what is the definition of a heliski pilot? and what are these mysterious "special" skills if there is no object difference in a winter mountain landing/ toe in etc. Obvioulsy nothing except for the fact that its recreational. I had a snaking suspeicion that the special skills required have something to to with speed at which one can don knee pads.. It exactly what I thought in the first place... Thanks for clearing it up!!

Cheers

P5

P5

you have to have the ability to interact with the public who pay good money.......something which you are cleary lacking....

stop crying and go back to dropping stinky drillers off at 36000' with no stake

you're a champ :punk:

alright now I officially quit....

this thread has truly made my mind up...

mods feel free to delete my account

I'm banning myself