Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ec130

Roo

Pretty sure there are a bunch of 130's in Canada with For Sale signs on them right now.

"How about 200ft over the indian ocean at night on NVG with no coast guard to come save your arse, and zero reference to the horizon at times, add to it some really radical Somali dude with a RPG7 just waiting for you to show up and try to ruin his day."

P5, are you nuts or just out of options?

Pretty sure there are a bunch of 130's in Canada with For Sale signs on them right now.

"How about 200ft over the indian ocean at night on NVG with no coast guard to come save your arse, and zero reference to the horizon at times, add to it some really radical Somali dude with a RPG7 just waiting for you to show up and try to ruin his day."

P5, are you nuts or just out of options?

Not out of options at all will be racing around BC this summer on fires during my 6 weeks off time ( part time), that and doing some training for an outfit in Quebec late may.

Wouldn't mind a heliski gig in the winter but apparently not qualified according to the experts. :rolleyes:

P5

Not out of options at all will be racing around BC this summer on fires during my 6 weeks off time ( part time), that and doing some training for an outfit in Quebec late may.

Wouldn't mind a heliski gig in the winter but apparently not qualified according to the experts. :rolleyes:

P5

I think you are sh!^^%# out of luck for a heli-ski gig for those who read this forum. I don't doubt that your skills would meet any criteria set out by any company. However, "qualified" also means in the form of attitude. Somehow I think you would get weeded out pretty fast based on all your arrogant comments. Sorry dude...just sayin'.

I think you are sh!^^%# out of luck for a heli-ski gig for those who read this forum. I don't doubt that your skills would meet any criteria set out by any company. However, "qualified" also means in the form of attitude. Somehow I think you would get weeded out pretty fast based on all your arrogant comments. Sorry dude...just sayin'.

Well Roo

I dont know what to say? But for sure it sounds like a groupie thing, after all to get weeded out of what? Not cow towing to the big dick swinger.. :o No thanks.... Not my cup of tea anyway. If its a job however that requires being nice to the clients and flying in a safe and informed way great! As soon as the groupie frat club thing comes into it and guys get as you put " weeded out" or " don't make the cut" or whatever frat clubs do .. Not interested.. I am certain that there is a company out there that runs with a ski outfit that is looking for skilled professional pilots. For the most part the good places to work are often the places where no one ever quits and openings are very rare... On the other hand there are places that are constantly looking for help, these are the places where the management for the most part has their heads so far up their ***** people just leave. consistantly over time. ( of course its always the other guys fault)

In addition any company that would make an assumpton before actually meeting the person or candidate for position like wise is not a place i would be interested in going There are certain professional standards that I look for in an employer, honesty and truthfulness is one of the first requirements, the ability of the ops manager or CP to tell it like it is not butter it up of sugar coat it in any way. Once past that hurdle its assuring that I am not going to be working for a control freak ops manager that will back up his guys. And on and on....

Roo our attitudes in this business are formed over the years.. If you are looking to form a pilot and develop him in the image that company wants its best to do this with a junior pilot who has not yet experienced the various crap that this industry offers up, this way you can create your peer group and run it as you want. Trying to accomplish this with a seasoned and often jaded industry vet is an exercise in futility unless he or she is particulary weak minded. And that sure as **** aint me!!!

P5

I have about 300 hrs driving the 'Fat Star" and wouldn't bother skiing with it, they have way too many issues in the cold,the shoulder belt inertia reels need to be pre-heated, windshields crack, doors are Crap,gear is too low(you will break the mirror in crusty snow),Fenestron is way too sluggish,handles like a f*#$ing bus, only good thing is the spacious cabin.

I'm told "Eurocrapter" can't even give the F#%$ing things away and anyone who has one is trying to get rid of it. We have a bunch of them and would love to trade them for B3's

I have about 300 hrs driving the 'Fat Star" and wouldn't bother skiing with it, they have way too many issues in the cold,the shoulder belt inertia reels need to be pre-heated, windshields crack, doors are Crap,gear is too low(you will break the mirror in crusty snow),Fenestron is way too sluggish,handles like a f*#$ing bus, only good thing is the spacious cabin.

I'm told "Eurocrapter" can't even give the F#%$ing things away and anyone who has one is trying to get rid of it. We have a bunch of them and would love to trade them for B3's

^hahaha, reading that is 15 seconds of my life i won't get back. And extremely misinformed on many accounts

If you are looking to form a pilot and develop him in the image that company wants its best to do this with a junior pilot who has not yet experienced the various crap that this industry offers up,

too late if he/she has read the crap on here, you and others have provided :blink: