Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ame Advice

JAR66_B2

Guest Bullet Remington

B-2:

Why in God's name would ya want to live/work in Toronto??

I have a friend came over from the Ukraine three years ago in July, he moved to Toronto. I told him he was nuts but he figured with a Degree and a Technologist Diploma in Avionics he would be laughing. Not so.

He came out to calgary Last week in August and two days later he was working in an aviation avionics shop. He's still working there and loves it!

Ya have a better chance of finding work out in the Flat Lands, than Ontario.

That's my opinin anyway. Some one else may feel different.

Check out Western Avionics, or Ducy Avionics / IFR Precision Instruments.

I do know that Ducy has a bunch of people from allover the world working there and I have yet to hear a disgruntled word from any of them.

Could be worth a shot anyway.

BR

B.R,

Thanks for the words of Wisdom. Got to pick Ontario just now as I've got family there that can provide accomodation for next to nothing till I get myself sorted and also an american Mrs that doesn't fancy going out to Alberta.

I quite fancied it out there myself as it's nearer the mountains for Winter sports and if all else fails I can get oil and gas work. We'll just wait and see I suppose.

Guest Bullet Remington

B-2:

As I stated, good luck with the job search in Ontario. You just may be fortunate enough to land a decent job. Personally, I sure wouldn't bank on it.

As for Alberta, any body who tells you they can't find work out here, is either (a) Haven't bothered to look (B) still have E.I. (UB40) benefits, or© is too G.D. lazy to get off their arse.

Whether its oil and gas, construction or service industry, there is more work here than people to do it.

Granted the aviation industry may take a little patience, but there is work in that area as well.

As for your American Mrs. tell here she can't eat the culture in T.O. nor does it pay the rent!

Good Luck too ya both, take care of yerselves and stay in touch.

BR

Well, the visa arrived, the flight has now been booked and I'll be arriving in Toronto on 30th of March, looking at heading out to Calgary for a week or so to knock on some doors and see if there's any jobs as replies to emails seems to be few and far between.

If anyone fancies meeting up for a beer at some point frop me a line