Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Visor Swap Msa Gallet Lh250

I have a MSA Gallet Lh250 large helmet with amber on the inside and tinted on the outside. I am looking to swap for a tinted on the inside and clear or amber on the outside. Anyone interested let me know they are both in 10/10 condition and I would like the same.

• 4 months later...

Speaking of Gallet visors, has anyone else had problems with scratches on the inside of the inner visor? Mine has developed vertical scratches around the nose extending upward. I think the culprit is dirt or debris or something on the inner surface of the helmet.

After 4 years I am now forced to replace it but I'm worried it'll just happen to the next one.

I'll email Rob H at Merit and see what he knows.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Gallet visors, has anyone else had problems with scratches on the inside of the inner visor? Mine has developed vertical scratches around the nose extending upward. I think the culprit is dirt or debris or something on the inner surface of the helmet.

After 4 years I am now forced to replace it but I'm worried it'll just happen to the next one.

I'll email Rob H at Merit and see what he knows.

Thanks

see my post in staining earcups

see my post in staining earcups

Thanks Don.

Here's the skinny. After consulting with Rob H at Merit, turns out my styrene liner has become loose and moved forward to contact the lens. The fix is to remove the nap pad behind the neck and scrape away the bead of glue at the base of the liner that holds it in place. Re-seat the liner away from lens and run a new bead with a hot glue gun (think arts and crafts). Let dry 24 hrs.

Haven't done it yet but that's what I'll have to do if I ever get done with this tour!