Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Franklin'S Grave Found!

Retired......Good to hear,I received an Email from him last year, He said in it he was thinking of retiring soon. I had the pleasure of working with him many times First time was on a Bell 47 in 1972. On 205s in James Bay and 212 in Sept Illes. A true gent for sure

Well HV, it certainly did get attention, and even a old guy like myself felt like calling up to go back. Yes, it is a well run diversified company and for a young fellow it certainly is the place to be, the PPC is certainly not easy, you certainly have to know how to fly, but they do notice and you will all get your chance (sometimes two chances) but it all depends on your attitude. Before you finish your 2 week PPC you will observe what is expected of you if you want to be in the team. Some pilots have actually walked out of the classroom crying on their way to the Canadian North counter.

If money is the most important factor in your adventure, don't go to Great Slave, but if open doors, never refused time off's, new machines, well maintained aircraft, mediums local and far off, and landing at the last known site where the most artifacts were found from the Franklin expedition,which I had the luck to do, then go with Great Slave. And if you make it, you will be flying with the Eagles.

Adventure.....roger

Fun....roger

Seeing and doing some pretty cool S#%T.....roger

Nice machines.....roger

Low pay???? I don't think there are too many complaining about their T4's.

And the pleasure of working along side guys like A.L McK(aka H.L on here).......Big roger on that one.

My best wishes to H.L. and H.L.L.

Franklin expedition eh?

well okay, but I draw the line at cannibalism, unless the gummy bears in the survival pack run out.

There are gummy bears aren't there?

RTR

Of course there are gummy bears. Essential anti-scurvy medication. The brits would be been known as jeebies (GB's) if they hadn't caught onto limes when they did. Perhaps they could have had a falsetto singing band to rival the BeeGees!