Unbelievable what some will post.

I HAVE been there and it is not only 'fun', but I have a chance because of my involvement, to do something for the industry that has provided for me for over 40 years.

Unbelievable... :blink:

I know eh? Can you believe that some people will actually relay info they have gotten from others who have done something, allowing them to form an opinion? What is this world coming to? Makes me sick to my stomach.

C'mon Skidzy....show us some pictures, tell us some stories and make up some sh*t so we know what "fun" means to you.

Some of my friends find it fun to play cribbage on a saturday night, others find it fun to go clubbing.

Fun can take on many avenues. Maybe I'll find out you and I like the same thing and we can hang out and be buddies??

Many of will go to the "same" camp (different locations, "same" helicopters (different locations, "same" job (different locations, the "same" drill job, tree sling, tourist flight, etc etc and think not too much of it. Fun? Maybe for some, maybe not for others.

why then is HAC with all of the "same old displays and presenters" so different that it's not worth going to.

What I do for fun is probably not for others - one thing is I like to take a square piece of wood and make it round. Does that sound like fun for everyone?

"FUN" wasn't the thing we were looking to define. Again, as from a previous thread, just stating an opinion - that probably isn't for everyone...

• Like 1

The HAC convention should be an informative networking session for industry members at all levels. One of the main reasons for the poor attendance i think is the cost associated with the show. If you don't live in the host city, you have the travelling costs and once you're there, it costs 500 bucks for the weekend pass which limits it to corporate employees on the company dime, but they did have a big discount for students this year?. I can think of better things to do with my hard earned cash and much needed time off.

• Like 1

The HAC convention should be an informative networking session for industry members at all levels. One of the main reasons for the poor attendance i think is the cost associated with the show. If you don't live in the host city, you have the travelling costs and once you're there, it costs 500 bucks for the weekend pass which limits it to corporate employees on the company dime, but they did have a big discount for students this year?. I can think of better things to do with my hard earned cash and much needed time off.

The return on investment is very poor at HAC compared to Heli-Expo.

The return on investment is very poor at HAC compared to Heli-Expo.

MMike, in what capacity are you involved in the Canadian helicopter industry? Pilot? AME? Supplier? I'm just curious what your expectations are. This is not a sarcastic question but just interested in your experience with the HAI vs. HAC. I've been to both several times and although they have both been fun, the HAC has usually been more fun for the Canadian operators.. Not necessarily Charlie Sheen fun like you might be expecting but still a good time.

• Like 2

Mmike,

To quote you:

I've never been to HAC, but from what I've heard, it ain't a lot of fun.

I guessing that you have not been to Heli-Expo either but you probably just heard the facts about there too...

Expensive? I suppose so, but I would guess there are many here who recycle a lot more money than what HAC costs, in the local bars throughout the country! Everybody probably has many different opinions on worth, values and priorities of all parts of this great industry!!

The attendance numbers for HAC's show in Vancouver came out yesterday. There were 750 people that attended this year's show despite it being held in Vancouver, which tends to usually attract more people.

What does HAC have to do in order to attract more people to this Canadian show? What are the missing elements? Should it be held in the fall? Is there a a perception that HAC is for owners and management only? And before someone asks, no I'm not posting this thread on behalf of HAC.

Mike

Develope some real policies that work to protect the employees of this industry and hold Operastors accountable to the Canadian Labour code. As long as HAC only serves the interests of the operator and refuses to implement some form of employments standards or assistance for the enforcement standards,Including the Canadian immigration laws, and labour code. I will not support HAC.

Example: Mandatory poeple management training for Aviation managers.

Professional standrads training or like

P5