Fast Fin On The 204

more noticeable improvement on the 204 due to the tractor tailrotor

204 and UH-1 heli's have pusher T/R's like a jet ranger and 212 and 205's have tractor T/R's. A fast fin on a 2x4 would be a great way to get a little more performance out of the T/R because it would allow the air to reach the blades with out being disturbed as much by the vertical stab.

Thanks guys,

I understand the theory and physics but was curious about actual results. Glad to here it was worth it scotty.

Swede

204 and UH-1 heli's have pusher T/R's like a jet ranger and 212 and 205's have tractor T/R's. A fast fin on a 2x4 would be a great way to get a little more performance out of the T/R because it would allow the air to reach the blades with out being disturbed as much by the vertical stab.

post-4924-0-73977900-1303079737_thumb.jpg

sorry i was typing ahead of my brain, thanks for the correction.

we noticed the machine used less tq to pull the same hook load before the fin mod,i suspect due to the fact the tr is more effective with reduced fin area and robs less engine power. also less "shudder" when making petal turns in ground effect. no hard numbers, sorry.