Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Spot Connect Gps Tracking

I haven't tried it, but it seems pretty cool.

The only drawback is that although reasonably priced under $200, I think it'll price itself out of range for the average user based on the pricing packages they offer.

I think they should get on board with the main Cell phone companies and offer it included in a data package for bigger savings.

Its a pretty cool tool that could be used widely if they'd take on a Walmart Volume sales approach. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Our company uses SPOT Tracker, not SPOT Connect, so I can't relate to the specific product but I will say that the devices we use are very handy. We are a flight training school so there is no greater relief than being able to log on and view the route of my student's aircraft! In addition there are features which allow for emergency assistance to be deployed or even send a pre-determined text message to individuals at the organization. The biggest downside is that they require lithium batteries which can be expensive depending on how much you use the device (which for us is roughly 8 hrs a day).

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using the spot as a tracking device for 2 years now and have been really happy with it. Just recently purchased the spot connect which cost me $149. show special at the Alaska Airmen Association aviation tradeshow. Kept my previous spot service but added 100 free texts for $29. So far it's operated as promised. It takes a little more effort to turn on the tracking function from my phone than just turning on the buttons on the old one. As a result I now turn it on once and leave it on much longer since I don't want to fiddle with it once blades are turning. Will likely chew through more batteries, but now I can send texts through the spot so I guess that makes up for it.

If you don't have an expensive sat tracker in your machine then get a spot. They work.