Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Bailey Thread

Dear Mr. Moderator- Jeremy Law

What I fail to understand is that is 'appears' OK to trash certain people here, but heaven forbid we or anybody sais anthing that could imepede the sucess of the industry Asch experiment. In this case the activities of one of the industries greatest proponents of the Asch experiment.

Seems to be some selective censorship here or was there a compliant to have the thread removed?

Not that I expect any form of complete transparency here, but it would be nice. Just because (several) group of guys with knowledege on the matter expressed a negative opinion(s) which is all that they are, the thread was shut down. What comes around goes around!! Maybe it would be in the idustries best interest for these opinions are expressed.

Just asking?

P5

• Like 1

P5. I deleted the thread. The company in question and it's employees were being flamed and this is not appropriate content for the forum as per the forum rules. Any threads of a similar nature will be removed in the future.

I think that most will agree that these types of threads are not healthy to these forums.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Mark

• Like 1

P5. I deleted the thread. The company in question and it's employees were being flamed and this is not appropriate content for the forum as per the forum rules. Any threads of a similar nature will be removed in the future.

I think that most will agree that these types of threads are not healthy to these forums.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Mark, i think the best interest of transparency that we clear a few facts up here. It was not an employee of the company! It was a former employee! Its not a question for me of what is in the best interest of the forum but what is in the best interest of the industry. An this thread that was removed is good news in the the opinons of the many. ( by evidence of the posts). Its alos in the best interest of the company that this huge sense opf relief is expressed by those very perosn who may even consider working where there would not of otherwised even bothered.

So although I can agree with sensoring parts of any post that would be defined as "Flamer" the removel of the complete thread is a scarry senario into the pit of censorship.

IMHO

P5

• Like 2

Mark, i think the best interest of transparency that we clear a few facts up here. It was not an employee of the company! It was a former employee! Its not a question for me of what is in the best interest of the forum but what is in the best interest of the industry. An this thread that was removed is good news in the the opinons of the many. ( by evidence of the posts). Its alos in the best interest of the company that this huge sense opf relief is expressed by those very perosn who may even consider working where there would not of otherwised even bothered.

So although I can agree with sensoring parts of any post that would be defined as "Flamer" the removel of the complete thread is a scarry senario into the pit of censorship.

IMHO

Edited for diction.. was multitasking!

Mark, I think the best interest of transparency that we clear a few facts up here. It was not an employee of the company! It was a former employee! It's not a question for me of what is in the best interest of the forum but what is in the best interest of the industry. This thread that was removed is good news in the the opinons of the many. ( by evidence of the posts). It's also in the best interest of the company that this huge sense of relief is being expressed by those very industry participants who may even consider working where they would not of otherwised even bothered.

So although I can agree with sensoring parts of any post that would be defined as "Flamer" the removal of the complete thread is a scarry senario into the pit of censorship.

IMHO

P5

as far as censorship goes, i'm agreeing with the above members.

moderating is not censorship. it's guidance to the rules in its basic form.

when someone oversteps the bounds, you warn them, they do it again you increase the "punishment" up to and including banning if need be.

by removing a post completely, that sets up an even unhealthier atmosphere. Who's gonna want to say anything anymore?

Maybe the "moderating team" should preview every post prior to posting and that way you can have the vanilla forum desired. Lets see how long anyone comes here if that happens.

I personally don't enjoy being the reason a thread goes to ****, but I have an opinion that is mine to say, and so does the likes of everyone else here, whether the comments are agreed upon or not. Thats the life and times of an open forum. Passion fuels debate.

Has anyone else noticed other than me, that this place is dead until some controversy comes along?

Well I come take a peek here multiple times a day when I'm able to and I have a feeling I'm only one of many. The controversial topics are entertaining and I find many of the participants engaging and intelligent, even some of the non-pilots :D

To remove posts and threads because they offend your advertising customers or whatever is pure BS, it goes against everything free and democratic. I look forward to seeing what's coming down the pipe on this forum, it's a great way to stay industry informed even if it borders on gossipy who cares, if someone gets out of line they are usually alerted to that fact.

• Like 2

Mark, I have to side with the rest of the above posters on this.

I agree that as a moderator you could possibly have deleted/edited or warned posters who flame individuals, but if you are going to remove entire threads that criticize individual companies, then you had better remove the C+ and Ornge threads. In both of those (and many others) people made criticizing remarks about operators.

• Like 1