Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Bailey Thread

As I've said in at least one other thread like this.....everyone's definition of "polite" is different.

My friends and I are rather merciless with each other. So I might make a somewhat abrasive comment...that is legitimately funny. But there are those who might not appreciate....let's call it "dry wit".

You can't expect people in a forum to act like they do in a job interview ALL the time. As I said, there's no need to be an a$$ for its own sake. But there are times when one might come across like one, even though that was not the intent.

And that is just the nature of the intarwebz, and people here need to realize and accommodate that.

• Like 1

Have yet to find a creative post with any sh%$ to wade through. All Iam saying is that a few people get all worked up when few users express there "own opinions" that happens to not be filled with praise and sunshine. And then another thread like this comes up. Call it public forum or not sh&$ is going to happen unless you only let the scholar posters post and just let the others only read. What fun would that be. Its a forum .Theres good and theres bad.

I disagree - I've seen lots of posts (not necessarily threads) with no dumb content. I think the complaint is against rudeness and personal attacks, not polite difference of opinion. You're right - "there's good and there's bad". The key is the balance between them.

It's very democratic - the posters determine the look and feel of the site content. If mostly mud wrestlers show up to hurl abuse, others will leave. Is this the best way to professionally discuss the intricacies of managing, maintaining and flying helicopters? For those that want to get down in the muck to poke and gouge, there are lots of other forums for that. But if this forum goes that way too, it's the members choice.

Cheers . . . .

Enough is enough everyone...I explained why the thread was closed and do not need to reiterate.

This particular thread has run it's course and everyone has had a chance to speak their opinion.

Thread Closed.

Mark.

• Like 1