Do You Need To Have Written Hatra/Atpl To......

Do you have to have written HATRA/ATPL to.....

a)get a 76 endorsement?

b)act as a 76 co-pilot?

someone was asking me today and I couldn't find an answer on TC's site. :huh:

I was reading up on some of that info just yesterday and couldn't find much.

But I would think 76 edorsement you would not need the HATRA or ATPL exams since you can fly single pilot VFR. But would need the HATRA to act as co pilot of a 2 crew certifed helicopter.

Also does anyone know where to find how long the HATRA and ATPL exams are valid for. I thought HATRA was 12 months and ATPL were 24 months but where is that written?

I was reading up on some of that info just yesterday and couldn't find much.

But I would think 76 edorsement you would not need the HATRA or ATPL exams since you can fly single pilot VFR. But would need the HATRA to act as co pilot of a 2 crew certifed helicopter.

Also does anyone know where to find how long the HATRA and ATPL exams are valid for. I thought HATRA was 12 months and ATPL were 24 months but where is that written?

Endorsement no, co-pilot yes. The list of type ratings specifies that the S-76 Requires two pilots for IFR, and thus you need the 'crew coordination' of having the HATRA or HAMRA/HARON written.

The time limit of the exams is in CAR's 400.03(2) Cheers

H.

Endorsement no, co-pilot yes. The list of type ratings specifies that the S-76 Requires two pilots for IFR, and thus you need the 'crew coordination' of having the HATRA or HAMRA/HARON written.

The time limit of the exams is in CAR's 400.03(2) Cheers

H.

Winne,

Thanks for the reference to CAR's.