Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

John Shultz.....50 Years

hlcptr

Vertical Mag ------how are you going to squeeze all that into one issue of Vertical?........come on now!! :lol::lol: I'm chucking already and can't wait. :lol: Seriously though....."good on ya" for doing it while he's breathing and someone can still toast a drink to him in his presence.....and they bloody well better.

HH were lucky to get some great drivers on their product back in those days. Tony Brown and Bobby Ough, for example, but Schultzie and Bob McCord took back seats to no-one. Agree with you, Cap, that I couldn't hold my sides together if half the stories I know were to be told again. Let's just hope Mike Reyno takes it easy on us.

Guess i'm still a rookie. I didn't start work with Dominion until 1971. Turned wrenches for Bobby ough many times & had the pleasure of being evicted from some pretty good watering holes with him. met many a person who refused to ride with Schultzie when he was flyin a 500 during the CNE airshows in Toronto.

Let's not forget that John was a pretty good 'scribe' in his own right and wrote many a fine article for the old "Canadian Aviation" magazine. After awhile people just associated the CNE, John, the 500 and the 360's altogether. Somebody should get the 'ol fart's butt onto this website so we can have some fun........no women or booze allowed though. :lol::lol:

abc/Elvis ------ if you are old enough to remember Murray Barons, Boughner, Porco and Rod Crossley, then you qualify as 'oldies'.

I got my first confined space demo with John out of King City in a Bell 47, John stayed in helis and I drifted around in the fixed wing thing.

Marion Orr was another of my instructors as well as Molly Beale ( Riley ) next year I start my 52nd year in this industry and have allowed myself to be talked into competing in the unlimited aerobatics contests in Europe. One of the pilots that I type rated in the Cat this summer owns an aerobatic flight school and has given me his Pitts S2B to compete with, I just couldn't turn it down as I am getting it for cost and it is his top machine used only for unlimited training......Also I received my airshow display authorization from the Dutch CAA this summer, thanks to my friend with the Pitts.......and they issued it on my Canadian license...

I am going to give it my best and see if I can compete at 70 years old, what the f.ck if I am still healthy enough to stand the physical punishment of unlimited aerobatics why not do it?

By the way I really enjoy the Pitts, it is a supberb flying machine with a blazing roll rate and is a joy to fly.

I still haven't figured out how to post some pictures of the Cat flying on the water.

Maybe I could e-mail them to one of you guys and you could post them?

By the way I am not trying to hijack this thread, I just got carried away and kept typing.. :rolleyes:

Reverend C.W.

Chuck ------any time you want to talk about Molly Riley, you just go right ahead. She was good enough to make the Alberta Aviation Hall of Fame, so she's earned her right to be talked about. May I assume that you also knew her favourite FO.....hubby Bill?

Isn't it the Pitts that has that 450 degree 'roll-rate?

Seventy years old.....big deal. You pass the medical, you can do the job......that makes it all just numbers. Lots of guys half your age got a 'spot of bother' doing either one or both.