Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Flight Duty Time Limitations In Other Jurisdictions

Fred Jones is the President and CEO of HAC. He is an active helicopter pilot and a lawyer. Rather than bitching about stuff all the time, make your comments constructive and get involved with the issues that affect you every day.

Enough with the whining. To make change, first you must change.

• Like 5

Fred Jones is the President and CEO of HAC. He is an active helicopter pilot and a lawyer. Rather than bitching about stuff all the time, make your comments constructive and get involved with the issues that affect you every day.

Enough with the whining. To make change, first you must change.

Ok back to the asch/ milgram experiment... I get it!

osterich.bmp

• Like 1

Interesting. Thirty years later, and management is still spouting

• the "our industry is speshul" line;
  • if it's not supported by science, present rules must remain the same;
  • Canada's helicopter operations are unique, and may be even more speshul than was thought.

Bullshit baffles brains every time.

Dollars are the bottom line. Anything that affects that income will be shat upon in the widest variety imaginable. Eventually, thirty years from now, many of you will still be shaking your heads, as I am now. Or, you will be if Transport Canada doesn't get fed up with the bullshit and mandate the requirements. I suspect that will happen before there's any working group convergence, to be sure.

Good luck with it all, kids. You have my sincere sympathies.

• Like 1

Interesting. Thirty years later, and management is still spouting

• the "our industry is speshul" line;
  • if it's not supported by science, present rules must remain the same;
  • Canada's helicopter operations are unique, and may be even more speshul than was thought.

Bullshit baffles brains every time.

Dollars are the bottom line. Anything that affects that income will be shat upon in the widest variety imaginable. Eventually, thirty years from now, many of you will still be shaking your heads, as I am now. Or, you will be if Transport Canada doesn't get fed up with the bullshit and mandate the requirements. I suspect that will happen before there's any working group convergence, to be sure.

Good luck with it all, kids. You have my sincere sympathies.

HAHAHA!

I think the term your looking for is somthing akin to "Group Moron behavior" I been thinking about it for the longest time and if its not that I dont what it is????

Brilliant Thanks Med man a needed a good laugh!

Cheers

P5

P5

Ok Skidz if HAC is indeed looking out for the average joe, then lets see the next President and coorecponding chairs of the various commitees a represenation of the group you claim they represent have that represenation. I'm not going to hold my breath on this one.

Did I miss you at HAC when they were calling for nominations to serve on the board of directors, or to sit on various committees? Perhaps if I "knew" your name, then I would have not missed your desire to serve in the organization.

Oh wait, we do know who you are and that all you want to do is complain about everything without getting involved in anything.

Do I sit on a committee? Sure do. Actually chair one of them. If you had been there you would know, but guess it's just not that important to you.

Will I tell you? Nope - just would give you something else to rant over and tell everyone have useless it is.

I really don't care if you choose to get involved or not, just get tired of your negativity on ALL things, after choosing NOT to get involved.

Will I change your mind? Probably not - and so be it. But I am done responding to your comments! I'm involved in what I believe in, and who knows, perhaps you will benefit someplace down the road because of my efforts! Wouldn't that be cool???

:up:

• Like 2

Did I miss you at HAC when they were calling for nominations to serve on the board of directors, or to sit on various committees? Perhaps if I "knew" your name, then I would have not missed your desire to serve in the organization.

Oh wait, we do know who you are and that all you want to do is complain about everything without getting involved in anything.

Do I sit on a committee? Sure do. Actually chair one of them. If you had been there you would know, but guess it's just not that important to you.

Will I tell you? Nope - just would give you something else to rant over and tell everyone have useless it is.

I really don't care if you choose to get involved or not, just get tired of your negativity on ALL things, after choosing NOT to get involved.

Will I change your mind? Probably not - and so be it. But I am done responding to your comments! I'm involved in what I believe in, and who knows, perhaps you will benefit someplace down the road because of my efforts! Wouldn't that be cool???

:up:

Actually the truth that I submitted my name to be President and to sit of the board of directors. Unfortunately giving my forward looking view and stubborn deternination to fix some of the real problems... It was ignored!But I figured I prove the point !Odd dont you think! given that everybody is invited and the extrordinary transparency that is claimed!?? Especially those who could potentially expose some of the real problems the grass roots faces!

HAC has its place but not as a institution that is going to look out for the little guy!

IMHO

P5

The world is ruled by those who show up.

P5 if your credentials are in the same league as Fred Jones then you would have a chance to be President of the HAC. If your forward looking view was supported by a majority of HAC members and you were nominated (and seconded) for the B.O.D. you could sit on the board. There is opportunity out there for you...

MedMan, out of curiosity, if science is not used as a basis for determining duty times, what do you suggest?

• Like 1