Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Alpine Helicopters Foriegn Owned?

We all know you're correct, we also know that laws can, and do change when challenged.

What we do know as well, your response to the OP is very disrespectful and rude.

If you don't like her opinion, or her questions, show some maturity and walk away, You've simply added your crusty old fart opinion once again.

People called for my head to be banned...I suggest you get banned.

And now, for our entertainment, the opinion of our resident village idiots, "suddenstop and mmike".

Have to agree with 'Sudden Stop.'

That kind of characterization is completely uncalled for, as is the sexist implication. An 'Old Dog' should be much wiser and show much more restraint than that, lest we unwashed are tempted to grow up as mean.

Would you prefer I said, "man"?

She is female, get over it!

We all know you're correct, we also know that laws can, and do change when challenged.

What we do know as well, your response to the OP is very disrespectful and rude.

If you don't like her opinion, or her questions, show some maturity and walk away, You've simply added your crusty old fart opinion once again.

People called for my head to be banned...I suggest you get banned.

Canadian transportation laws are the mirror image of the "Jones Act" enacted in 1935 in the USA.

Yah think Bubba's gonna change them?

Finally, my response reflects my frustration with abject stupidity.

Trust the defenseless to pick up on the least important part of a criticism. Your rudeness isn't welcome by anyone I've noticed 'dog.'

Well, a number of people have pm'd me and/or phoned me this morning in complete support of my position.

They, and I should have learned this myself by now, have abandoned any comment on this forum.

And that's very good advice, I reckon.

Not that any of this matters a rat's patoot anyway.

Well, Terry, a number of people have pm'd me and/or phoned me this morning in complete support of my position.

thats been tried before.

"Look everyone at all the support for me"

but it never materialises, I suspect you'll refuse to cut and paste the purported pm's. I think 3 year old try this before they realise their parents won't fall for it.

Won't work for me either.

Woman, you are clueless.

THE CANADIAN TRANSPORTATION ACT CLEARLY STATES THAT ALL CANADIAN TRANSPORTATION COMPANIES MUST BE 75% CANADIAN OWNED. THE "JONES ACT" IN BUBBALAND SAYS THE SAME THING.

Alpine has been 100% American owned for more than 6 years.

What about this situation do you not understand?

Well, Terry, a number of people have pm'd me and/or phoned me this morning in complete support of my position.

They, and I should have learned this myself by now, have abandoned any comment on this forum.

And that's very good advice, I reckon.

Not that any of this matters a rat's patoot anyway.

Well Captain Obvious,

I think we need more diplomatic people like you in the top ranks of our industry to increase the professionalism. Word of advice from not such an old fart would be to control your emotions before posting. Emotional outburst never benefit anyone. I simply have my own opinion on this situation and industry.

I don't think it's really Hac attacking or the fact Alpine should play by the same rules as everyone else because they should have no exceptions. However it's this back stabbing industry and i wouldn't doubt the rightful complainers have motives and believe they will gain some business out of this dispute and are trying hurt alpines reputation. However i believe that alpine will continue as normal and work through this problem legally and probably with not much hassle. everyone needs to play by the rules no matter what country you are working in and that is what the lawyers are for to find to loop holes right?

• Like 4