Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Alpine Helicopters Foriegn Owned?

Well, a number of people have pm'd me and/or phoned me this morning in complete support of my position.

They, and I should have learned this myself by now, have abandoned any comment on this forum.

And that's very good advice, I reckon.

Not that any of this matters a rat's patoot anyway.

Naming names of "posters" weather they care or not is very childish........

• Like 3

Some bloke down the pub told me.........

What an absolute load of old uninformed tosh is written in this thread.

I eagerly await the next available genius to explain all this stuff about the Jones Act and the relevance of Maritime law to contemporary aviation law.

If you don't know what you are talking about in either the US or Canadian regulatory environment, then please save the electrons.

Alpine is clearly OPERATING OUTSIDE of current Canadian regulations, which is why they have been OPERATING UNDER AN EXEMPTION!

Now, lets get back to some facts.

And now some breaking news.......it has been "discovered" that along with Alpine, "two more" helicopter companies on the west coast of Canada that specialize in heli-logging, "also" have substantial foreign ownership (gasp)!!???? It is also rumoured that not one, but "two", aircraft manufacturers may also have outside foreign investment???!!!!

More on this breaking story later...???

• Like 3

Woman, you are clueless.

THE CANADIAN TRANSPORTATION ACT CLEARLY STATES THAT ALL CANADIAN TRANSPORTATION COMPANIES MUST BE 75% CANADIAN OWNED. THE "JONES ACT" IN BUBBALAND SAYS THE SAME THING.

Alpine has been 100% American owned for more than 6 years.

What about this situation do you not understand?

Totally agree! The rules should apply to everyone. This business of going off and moving registrations offshore.. CRAP! Not exactly fair to Real Canadian companies.

I guess if you are extremely rich you just just act with impunity!

PLAY by the rules!

P5

• Like 1

Totally agree! The rules should apply to everyone. This business of going off and moving registrations offshore.. CRAP! Not exactly fair to Real Canadian companies.

I guess if you are extremely rich you just just act with impunity!

PLAY by the rules!

P5

I left something out..When you go for a tax dodge..or represent something falsley for the purposes of evading taxes in an off shore juristidction you can only look at the Jamaican X pat Judge and state " I have no knowledge so many times.. No?

The Canadian Transporation Agency.. not to be confused with the Canadian Revenue Agency!

Hmmmm Hmmmm.

P5

This business of going off and moving registrations offshore.. CRAP! Not exactly fair to Real Canadian companies.

You do realize that the a/c being re-registered will not be flying in Canadian airspace and will not be operated under a Canadian AOC.

When you go for a tax dodge..or represent something falsley for the purposes of evading taxes in an off shore juristidction

I think you are confusing the matter. This has nothing to do with a "tax dodge", at least in CHC's case. They are simply abiding by the law, if they can not legally hold an AOC in Canada then they must operate under an AOC (and register the a/c) in a jurisdiction that allows them to do so.