Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Downed Helicopter At Site Of Osama Raid

How would anyone know what type of aircraft was used? Unless you were part of the op and need to maintain TOP SECRET classification.

Looking at the environment of the compound, there is no way this machine 'settled with power'. Likely small arms.

Your first sentence spells out my thoughts on your theory in your second sentence. B)

it's top secret like you said ;) How would anyone know how it went down?

• Like 1

How about we apply a little reason here. The special ops Blackhawk was downed. The met conditions claimed are irrefutable, as are the weight factor with the mods and op load.

If fin and t/r section wasn't blown where it ended up by the demollition, perhaps is did hit the wall, but what would even be the point of even mentioning 'settling' if it wasn't actually a factor. I haven' got the dimensions of the LZ, but it sure looks to me like settling on final could all too easily engage the wall.

I'm curious to see the final verdict on what it was, or modified from. Looking at several items and their position relative to one another, I'm convinced it's based on a blackhawk.

but as to how it got there, I'm not too concerned, it was a war zone, engaged in high risk activuty so it's a moot point. Stuff crashes, and blows up in war zones continually.

I'm curious to see the final verdict on what it was, or modified from. Looking at several items and their position relative to one another, I'm convinced it's based on a blackhawk.

but as to how it got there, I'm not too concerned, it was a war zone, engaged in high risk activuty so it's a moot point. Stuff crashes, and blows up in war zones continually.

You mean to say that "sh*t happens?" :P

Max

You mean to say that "sh*t happens?" :P

Max

haha, touche in a general sense. :punk:

we all know there is an accepted risk in the military though, and everyone is there for the same purpose and knows the risks. They all knowingly take that risk for their country.

however, a "insert occupation" crew flogging across the tundra/mountains/confined area, sure does not want to hear you say "sh*t happens, we may die today boys" :rolleyes: