Flight Time Minimums On Fire

Hello,

I am looking to get some informations about the flight time minimum required in the different States (MB, QC, BC,...) to fly over the fire forest.

For exemple: In QC the min. are 500hrs heli time and 100hrs on type.

Someone know what there are in other place?

Thank's

No kidding! Isn't that brutal?

If they want one and all to take this, why not issue a confirmation number upon completion of the modules?

Now it is up to the chief pilot to "confirm" with asrd that all pilots have taken the course. Just another example of someone sitting behind a desk dictating their version of reality to the aviation industry.

Makes me sick.

Max

P.S. Lost a weeks worth of work today as our district decided that the time stamp for our base A/C on web air was too long. WTF?!? The A/C with the longest available time stamp on web air gets hired first (according to their policy). BUT it was supposed to be updated April 1st. when this new hiring process came into effect. Would have been nice to know. Ours has been available since mid March but for the above reason that wasn't good enough. Wait for it folks.....it's gonna be a sh#t show. I hope we get back to a level with industry soon where asrd can piss off.

@Max: From my limited experience, it's probably the fire control agencies that got together to propose, configure and then provide the on-line course. I suspect that it was left up to the companies to maintain the record of currency on completion and have it added to the pilot's record. Perhaps it's taken on the honour system.

But you're right, an individual completion code could be added.

When the urge strikes I'll make a phone call and see what I can glean.

@Max: From my limited experience, it's probably the fire control agencies that got together to propose, configure and then provide the on-line course. I suspect that it was left up to the companies to maintain the record of currency on completion and have it added to the pilot's record. Perhaps it's taken on the honour system.

But you're right, an individual completion code could be added.

When the urge strikes I'll make a phone call and see what I can glean.

This describes the situation accurately. The companies are certifying the status of their pilots in all competencies. To add a completion code to the CIFFC site is complex for several reasons. If the honour system doesn't work for 2011 (which is simple and inexpensive), then when the whole thing is reviewed this fall, a more complex system may have to be put in place (read complicated and expensive). If you have positive suggestions - send them to the HAC Air Taxi Committee and they will be considered.

Read the description on the HAC site of how this was worked out over the last 4 years as a joint endeavour between fire agencies and HAC, and it might be clearer to you. One of the objects of the whole process was to make it easier for pilots with little fire experience to get into the game.