Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Bucketing Hazards

Also when hooking your Bambi up check to see that the Ballast weight on the inside wall of the bucket is facing in the direction of flight (the front of the head) otherwise it won't fly properly and will make filling awkward.

Just a clarification - The weight is to be in the front of the bucket Direction of flight), the front face of the head should also be pointing forward (direction of flight). As long as the ballast weight and head are oriented the same direction (Forward) the bucket will fly properly on the end of a longline.

Yes, half-full bucket during ferry, doesn't hurt to wet down staging if it's dusty.

On initial attack I put on the Mustang inflatable before getting in the machine. All too often there's no opportunity later.

Underwater egress sounds like the 'deal'. Haven't had the opportunity yet, but will make it happen for sure!

Cheers,

DM

For the new guys to bucketing and or long lining with a bucket. I always suggest synching the thing down to make things easier. Don't have to be trying to be a superhero trying to pull a max load when getting started. ****, I do it for myself sometimes to make life a little easier.

• Like 1

Take your time...just because there is a fire doesn't mean you should risk putting your machine in the drink with tight spots and hard flares. Personally I approach the water like I would a drill move with lot's of ignorant fingers in the way....very carefully. Every notice that the guys that are telling you to hurry up are doing exactly the opposite to make sure they hit double overtime?!