Cheapest B2S In North America

Although I disagree with the practice, another consideration is from the psychological stand point. You don,t have the 500, offer them the B2, and wham, they are in love with it and can,t live without it, regardless of the cost. :shock:

Marketing at it,s finest!

Although true it can make the savy customer believe you can operate the aircraft at that rate and thus are ripping them off at the normal rate. Plus to legally substitute an aircraft that substituted aircraft cannot provide any additional performance for the same cost, in otherwords you cannot lift twice the load for half the cost, you can only lift what the original aircraft would lift or provide a cost for the additional performance over and above the original aircraft's cost. So if aircraft A lifts 700 lbs the substituted aircraft can only lift 700 lbs but you could provide an additional cost for the extra pounds lifted which if done properly would account to the additional funds necessary to make up the difference in rates, so maybe there actually is no cheap deal being done. As base manager long ago I subbed an Astar for 206 and provided the customer at the end of the job with the option of paying for the same bill as they had paid in the past for the 206 or the normal hourly rate for the Astar. They were a smart crew and asked which was cheaper,,,the astar was, it was considerable faster thus making the bill less and thus convincing the customer that the lowest hourly rate is not infact the cheapest way to go. It is not frickin rocket appliances eh,,ha ha.

• Like 1

Here is rocket science at its best..was sitting at a base in Red lake years ago and we get a walk in customer that wants to move a camp in to do some drilling...my buddy and I tell them we have a 206 or a 204...worked out the number for each one...same thing..only the 204 can do it way faster and they would have everything in place in daylight time to set up the camp...they have to call the boss...lives in BC...no..use the 206...so off I go...all day moving the camp in...late in the day it starts raining...I left with just enough daylight and vis to get back home..there they are now in the bush..its raining and getting dark and the camp will not be setup til the next day...got back to town for a couple of cold ones with my buddy..we are shaking are heads...but dry and sleeping in a warm bed tonight :lol:

I think this whole rant about the undercutting rates is being blown out of proportion. The fact is the company promised a couple of 500s and then one of them became unserviceable. The fact is the 500 they promised is up and running and on its way up to Stewart today. Don't worry, those rates are not happening all season. It was just for a week or so until "the company in question" got their 500 running. Nobody wants to work for nothing and this company certainly does not, they were just filling in a temporary void to keep the customer happy.

Just Playing "devil's advocate" here but say you promised a really good client a 500 and when the time came it was U/S and you had the option of subbing in a B2 till said 500 was available would you do it? If I owned a company I know I would!

And that is exactly what is happening. The 500 will be there today. So a lot of hub-ub about nothing.

I have so many friends that like to rant on and on. That's not me. Normally. But when a company that has their office between Calgary and Edmonton, and their owner in Quebec, offers B2s at less than a thousand dollars an hour (this is fact, not rumor) because they're "subbing" for 500s they DON'T have I have to draw the line! Charge a decent rate and if you don't have the machine someboidy wants then tell them that for @#$% sake! Don't give them twice the machine for the same price! That is so short term thinking!

My rant.

HH

500s for under 1000/hour :shock: :shock: :down: WTF are they thinking

• Like 1