I would like to make a major point that has not been commented on.

With all due respect rocksteady, the difference, and it is vast, is the skill required to set a drill on the side of a cirque and line up bolt-holes without squishing fingers.

It is partially reproduced in a forestry environment by bucketting retardant from a tank at altitude, but since the original post dealt with ASRD and the OMNR, this isnt done often, if at all.

I just came off the ASRD monster which was the Bitumount Complex, 43 machines, smoke, etc and I am now in the rocks slinging drill. There is no comparison in skill required. Period. Radio chatter means little, and is overcome by the inexperienced in a day or two.

Just my $.02

Fair enough.......As long as you can stay focused with all the chatter to do your best, I say thanks.....For me, even after a few days the nonstop buzz in the headset was crazy....

I too just left the Bit Complex....First rotation I was "torch 1" and this time I was FBAN...

Which machine wre you flying??? You can PM me, if you wish....

Fair enough.......As long as you can stay focused with all the chatter to do your best, I say thanks.....For me, even after a few days the nonstop buzz in the headset was crazy....

I too just left the Bit Complex....First rotation I was "torch 1" and this time I was FBAN...

Which machine wre you flying??? You can PM me, if you wish....

PM sent.

We agree to disagree.....Fair enough....

I, with all due respect (no insult intended, implied or meant), hope that our travels never put us in the same aircraft, as we probably won't get along :) ......

However, I do wish you safe flying....

Cheers !!!

OK!

As for you Mr. Lands alot... No doubt your yes man attitude is what has brought you this far. I hear they are having a sale on knee pads at Walmart this week may as well stock up while they are cheap.

:rolleyes:

P5

• Like 1

I have to concur with sirlandsalot and helicopterjim on this one. There is absolutely no reason one would need a pilot's licence and 20 years of experience to distinguish those who are performing in an effective manner in their work. Rocksteady sounds like one of the many professionals we have the pleasure of working with in BC as pilots. The forestry agency is the customer and has the perogative to cull the pilots and companies they choose. If you are a competent professional working for a solid company there should be few problems. Keep in mind some days won't go your way, than go out and have some fun. Over the years I've seen plenty of shoddy companies and pilots who were incompetant or a hazard that desperately needed culling and weren't.

Year 21 of flying helicopters, happily working for a top notch company staffed by many true professionals.

• Like 5

I have to concur with sirlandsalot and helicopterjim on this one. There is absolutely no reason one would need a pilot's licence and 20 years of experience to distinguish those who are performing in an effective manner in their work. Rocksteady sounds like one of the many professionals we have the pleasure of working with in BC as pilots. The forestry agency is the customer and has the perogative to cull the pilots and companies they choose. If you are a competent professional working for a solid company there should be few problems. Keep in mind some days won't go your way, than go out and have some fun. Over the years I've seen plenty of shoddy companies and pilots who were incompetant or a hazard that desperately needed culling and weren't.

Year 21 of flying helicopters, happily working for a top notch company staffed by many true professionals.

Absolute Crap! What if you were culled for something that wasn't a safety matter or was perceived to be a safety matter by somebody who wasn't qualified to make the assessment in the first place.

Hey, if the guy sitting next to me is more qualified than I - He can fly the Helicopter? No? :blink:

If what you are stating is correct and Forestry officials are qualified to make these assessments by virtue of expertise, then I am done with aviation completely.. There are far more lucrative professions I can have like dentistry... **** I have 20 years + experience of going to the dentist, there is a sale on Dremel power tools at Canadian tire this weekend... **** I'll just open a dental clinic!! I guess if your reasoning is accepted its applicable across the board of all professions...

P5

• Like 3

Yawn. Did you ever come on this site and decided you would rather just sit and home and put hot pokers in your eyes than have to read this garbage. Of course no one is putting a gun to my head and forcing me to read it. Thank god, because I would probably beg them to pull the trigger. :down: :down: :down:

• Like 3

Absolute Crap! What if you were culled for something that wasn't a safety matter or was perceived to be a safety matter by somebody who wasn't qualified to make the assessment in the first place.

Hey, if the guy sitting next to me is more qualified than I - He can fly the Helicopter? No? :blink:

If what you are stating is correct and Forestry officials are qualified to make these assessments by virtue of expertise, then I am done with aviation completely.. There are far more lucrative professions I can have like dentistry... **** I have 20 years + experience of going to the dentist, there is a sale on Dremel power tools at Canadian tire this weekend... **** I'll just open a dental clinic!! I guess if your reasoning is accepted its applicable across the board of all professions...

P5

In other words you wouldn't criticize a Dentist who does terrible work on your teeth because you are not a dentist - ergo not qualified to comment on the large holes he bored in your teeth when all you needed was some flossing! With clientele like you I just might go to Canadian Tire and get a dremel kit! I'll even give you a discount for being my first customer!

• Like 3

O.K. ya know ...I don't know rocksteady and trust me ...there is no love lost between me and ASRD or BCFS. I must say though Rocksteady is extending an olive branch and P5 is just smacking him over the head with it for no reason.

Hmm... one talks sense and the other whines...Get out of this industry P5 while you still can with your sanity and your dignity intact....whoops..too late!

Your a little man with a big chip on his (or her) shoulder. Figure it out..we don't all have the same experiences in this industry as you. You make some good points but you also....aw f*ck it she won't get it anyway.

Regards

Max

• Like 3

I just dropped-by to see what was happening here on the site.......

yawn, same old whining being delivered by you-know-who.....

But then P5 promises this gem.....

"If what you are stating is correct and Forestry officials are qualified to make these assessments by virtue of expertise, then I am done with aviation completely.."

Yes, they are experts !!

Experts at riding-around and working with helicopter pilots that they have hired to do a safe and professional job.

It seems you didn't make the grade.

Now please keep your promise to leave aviation. So long, 'bye, enjoy being a dentist.

And if someone would finally cull you from this site once-and-for-all, I might return here more often.

Okay P5, here's your chance to fire-off another whine about why so many customers and employers have kicked you out......

Yeah, yeah, we know already.....it wasn't because of your skills or attitude was it ??

• Like 6

O.K. ya know ...I don't know rocksteady and trust me ...there is no love lost between me and ASRD or BCFS. I must say though Rocksteady is extending an olive branch and P5 is just smacking him over the head with it for no reason.

Hmm... one talks sense and the other whines...Get out of this industry P5 while you still can with your sanity and your dignity intact....whoops..too late!

Your a little man with a big chip on his (or her) shoulder. Figure it out..we don't all have the same experiences in this industry as you. You make some good points but you also....aw f*ck it she won't get it anyway.

Regards

Max