Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

The answer is simple. The Helicopter Pilots of Canada Union. Only when you have the power to park all the medium helicopters in Canada for a day will anything change

We need some form of representation... before anything is going to change and your employments is protected,. May as well forget about the labour code.. ( favours the employer) forget about HAC as this is an arm of the establishment. Forget about a union industry wide... Logistically impossible to organize.. An association on the other hand could be a means to hold both larger customers like ASRD and those employers that waste people like toilet paper, accountable.

Short of this I see no other solution to end the rampant amount of crap that saturates the industry at every level... And to think that when I was young and stupid I believed that this profession was one of gentlemen.. men and earnest professionals... :o

Oh well ! youth is wasted on the young I guess... For the time being I shall remain content to be the Micheal Moore of the Industry!

P5 :)

• Like 1

We need some form of representation... before anything is going to change and your employments is protected,. May as well forget about the labour code.. ( favours the employer) forget about HAC as this is an arm of the establishment. Forget about a union industry wide... Logistically impossible to organize.. An association on the other hand could be a means to hold both larger customers like ASRD and those employers that waste people like toilet paper, accountable.

Short of this I see no other solution to end the rampant amount of crap that saturates the industry at every level... And to think that when I was young and stupid I believed that this profession was one of gentlemen.. men and earnest professionals... :o

Oh well ! youth is wasted on the young I guess... For the time being I shall remain content to be the Micheal Moore of the Industry!

P5 :)

:lol: :lol:

Max

Isn't this what you tried to do as president of HEPAC??

Oh wait - you did support that, right??

You bet ya I supported HEPAC, but not as the president. I would have gone about things in a slightly different manor working in the field grass roots signing guys/gals up one by one. Im pretty sure that there were close to 100 that signed on..buy the time it started to fade out.. The only reason it faded out is because the mgmt. couldnt take a stand on anything and I guess was seen as a little wishy washy on some sensitive subjects...

Who knows could come back...in time.

P5

I don't know, in my experience forestry in every province for the most part is about the most civilized flying I have done.

Sure it gets very disorganized at times, but so does logging, seismic, drill camps etc. etc. Sometimes some forestry personal tries to push their agenda, but in my experience they back off quickly if you stand your ground. Any type of flying demands that the pilot has to fend for themselves, if you shutdown on a safety call on fires they are forced to address the problem.

I can't and won't comment on how the accident in Slave Lake was handled, I wasn't there.

I have seen 2 pilots run off fires in 16 years, they were both with very good cause. If you can't stay employed on forestry I think you might do some soul searching as to why.

• Like 2

The answer is simple. The Helicopter Pilots of Canada Union. Only when you have the power to park all the medium helicopters in Canada for a day will anything change

Works for the post office and the automakers. :punk: I don't care who you are, that right there is funny!