Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Works for the post office and the automakers. :punk: I don't care who you are, that right there is funny!

Helicopter pilots are little people, doing little jobs, with big egos!

Most are cowboys from what I can see!!

All intelegent professionals are organized. Name one group that is not?

The answer is simple. The Helicopter Pilots of Canada Union. Only when you have the power to park all the medium helicopters in Canada for a day will anything change

The only experience I can draw on about unions is when i was a wee little lad, and my dad worked for a major steel company and ended up on an 11 month long strike for various concessions.

The loss of wages for that 11 months was meagerly offset by a $15/day strike pay.

When they finally settled and went back to work for increased pay, he retired some 25 years later still at a loss finacially from that 11 months.

What they negotiated VS what they lost never did equalize. Yay Unions. Gotta love the short sightedness.

I'm not saying they don't force an employer to make change, because they sure do, but in some cases it's pointless.

Can you tell me how many pilots would give up a substantial daily rate with daily Mins, to live off strike pay?? All for some little convenience added to their lives, or for a couple more bucks an hour? Me thinks the greed of big fat paychecks will far outweigh the BS that occurs in the job.

• Like 7

The only experience I can draw on about unions is when i was a wee little lad, and my dad worked for a major steel company and ended up on an 11 month long strike for various concessions.

The loss of wages for that 11 months was meagerly offset by a $15/day strike pay.

When they finally settled and went back to work for increased pay, he retired some 25 years later still at a loss finacially from that 11 months.

What they negotiated VS what they lost never did equalize. Yay Unions. Gotta love the short sightedness.

I'm not saying they don't force an employer to make change, because they sure do, but in some cases it's pointless.

Can you tell me how many pilots would give up a substantial daily rate with daily Mins, to live off strike pay?? All for some little convenience added to their lives, or for a couple more bucks an hour? Me thinks the greed of big fat paychecks will far outweigh the BS that occurs in the job.

When you live in the past you do not live in the solution! Maybe the steel company wanted the strike and paid off the union bosses to fix the vote!!!! Who knows who cares. The one thing history has pointed out is " United we stand ..Divided we fall "

• Like 1

When you live in the past you do not live in the solution! Maybe the steel company wanted the strike and paid off the union bosses to fix the vote!!!! Who knows who cares. The one thing history has pointed out is " United we stand ..Divided we fall "

**** no, you won't go?

(you don't see the irony, of your statement? If you are not UNITED with your employer....and DIVIDE instead by being a union beeyotch, then maybe your employer will fall, rather than stand? Hmmm?

Best thing Boeing ever did was bust the union in Wichita.

When I was contract (design) engineer at Boeing in Everett, SPEEA went on strike for like 40 days...SPEEA being the ridiculous engineering union. As a contractor, I was not part of the union. And so we had unlimited overtime. It was awesome. That was a lucrative month. And I took such delight in driving though the picket line every morning.

Suck it, unions!

• Like 1

Helicopter pilots are little people, doing little jobs, with big egos!

Most are cowboys from what I can see!!

All intelegent professionals are organized. Name one group that is not?

You spelt intelligent wrong. LOL

**** no, you won't go?

(you don't see the irony, of your statement? If you are not UNITED with your employer....and DIVIDE instead by being a union beeyotch, then maybe your employer will fall, rather than stand? Hmmm?

When I was contract (design) engineer at Boeing in Everett, SPEEA went on strike for like 40 days...SPEEA being the ridiculous engineering union. As a contractor, I was not part of the union. And so we had unlimited overtime. It was awesome. That was a lucrative month. And I took such delight in driving though the picket line every morning.

Suck it, unions!

You are an idiot.

**** no, you won't go?

Suck it, unions!

God help us