Ame Before Pilot?

Ace303

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having started in the industry as a "stiff wing" engineer and then going to the "right side" as a rotary wing engineer, and then going on to become a RW pilot, I would have to say there are no regrets.

The industry has changed from the "leave in the spring - come back in the fall and look after your own machine for the whole time" to regulated duty day and times. The world I grew up in as a PE really doesn't exsist anymore.

But it is nice to know 'what's going on back there' and I think you have a greater appreciation of what your engineer does for you - often taken for granted.

It still helps if the company get caught in a bind, but mostly now I'm just a pilot with a little more skills and knowledge in some areas. maybe a bit more employable but not as big as factor as it once was.

SKIDS UP.......by chance, could you have been in Hornepayne...Terrace Bay...and Thunder Bay two summers ago......you sound like someone I've worked with? ........Otooley

I have to be careful to what I admit to, but I might have definetly, maybe, could have been there unless you work for th OPP, TC or ???? which case I would then have to deny anything and everything! :shock:

But they were nice places. B)