Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Hi Guys,

We have just brought four BO105's of which I am really looking forward to flying. We have one heading out to support a non-profit off a ship in the south pacific and everyone turned to me for advice on operations of the type off ships. The last one I saw was slinging off a CG vessel in Frobisher Bay last year and completes my resume of experience between BO105's and boats.

The CG is the world expert in operating this type off a vessel, can anyone send my way information, advice, checklists(?) that I can relay to our pilot flying off the boat?

Your time is valued.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

not trying to be a total dickwad here, yet I'm sure a handfull of VertMag bullies will feel that way, but have you gotten yourself into something that you were not quite prepared for?

I don't wanna be hearing of some BO105 accident in the south pacific now.

I'm thinking this should have been looked into, planned for, and trained for long before the purchase was made.

• Like 2

Guest Angry Egg Driver

not trying to be a total dickwad here,

Well it sure sounds that way to me.If you dont have anything constructive to say, why say it at all?

• Like 3

why not say something?

it's an exact repost from June 23 where he got several good leads on information in another discussion.

Clearly the fact he's still fishing, warrants concern that there is a problem. I can't be the only one that see's it can I???

I don't see anything in his post that states he's got a problem. He's just asking for constructive advice, and information. You just gave him a lecturing on poor planning LOL!!!

• Like 4

Hi Guys,

We have just brought four BO105's of which I am really looking forward to flying. We have one heading out to support a non-profit off a ship in the south pacific and everyone turned to me for advice on operations of the type off ships. The last one I saw was slinging off a CG vessel in Frobisher Bay last year and completes my resume of experience between BO105's and boats.

The CG is the world expert in operating this type off a vessel, can anyone send my way information, advice, checklists(?) that I can relay to our pilot flying off the boat?

Your time is valued.

Regards,

Steve

Hi Guys,

Your time is valued.

Regards,

Steve

Chairman

I dont know how much you experience you have flying in the south pacific? I was there in 2008-2009 Fiji, Tonga, and some of the smaller islands. The best thing I can tell ya is completely forget about any kind of rescue services whatsoever (depending your location). The second thing I can tell ya is watch out for the weather and avoid rain, the drops are huge and like complete IMC -that will sneak up on you fast. Wipers are 100% required. An auto pilot would also come highly recomended/ If ya dont have a sea survival course take one before you go, you 2nd biggest enemy is large white tip sharks that are deep water open ocean feeders that will come in from miles away if ya hit the water... be careful and again dont be fooled by the warm temps and blue skies the weather can change fast and is your biggest enemy..

Fly safe

P5