B212 Engine Out Incident

What concerns me is this (as described) sounds like it qualifies as an "Aviation Reportable Incident" under the TSB Regulations and should have been reported to them if the aircraft was Canadian Registered.

If you do not know what qualifies or how to report it then you should.

What concerns me is this (as described) sounds like it qualifies as an "Aviation Reportable Incident" under the TSB Regulations and should have been reported to them if the aircraft was Canadian Registered.

If you do not know what qualifies or how to report it then you should.

100% agree WL. And it is a reportable incident. It doesn't matter what country the incident took place. It is a Canadian registered aircraft.

I'm sure they will report it because, after all, they are "competant and professional" Right?

Hang on a sec. here Bucko. A fuel line "inadvertently disconnects", the engine quits, there is a forced landing, and you claim the person(s) involved are "competent and professional"?? WTF-over.

I will never accept the excuse that "Shyte Happens" in this business. That's a copout for not doing your job!! We seem to use that excuse more and more. There is ALWAYS a reason for an accident or incident if you dig back far enough. If your buddies had followed proper maintenance procedures and guidelines then "Shyte would not have happened" No exuses for not doing your job Bucko. Follow the book to the letter and "Shyte will not happen" to you!!

BTW, I am not an "Aviator". I am a Licenced Canadian Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. I have recently retired after 50 years in the business. I hold M1/2 and have worked on everything from Bell 47-D1 to Sikorskys. Fixed wing from Cessna 120 to Boeing 737/727. I have worked all over the world including 11 years in South, West, and North Africa. I am proud to say that I have never had an aircraft crash or quit on me and most importantly my Pilots have always come home at the end of the day. It goes without saying that I "Follow the book"

Pay attention to the job at hand, stay focused, and don't get distracted by that frikken cell phone, follow the book and all will be well.

WOW!!!! Totally amazing!

• Like 1

I will never accept the excuse that "Shyte Happens" in this business. That's a copout for not doing your job!! We seem to use that excuse more and more. There is ALWAYS a reason for an accident or incident if you dig back far enough. If your buddies had followed proper maintenance procedures and guidelines then "Shyte would not have happened" No exuses for not doing your job Bucko. Follow the book to the letter and "Shyte will not happen" to you!!

alright...alright....i want your secret.

I once tried to debunk the "shyte happens" mentality

and I got negative reps.

you get three positives??? wth? I sense another conspiracy. :wacko:

alright...alright....i want your secret.

I once tried to debunk the "shyte happens" mentality

and I got negative reps.

you get three positives??? wth? I sense another conspiracy. :wacko:

Because "shyte happens" is only applicable to pilots.......... how come you don't know that yet?

• Like 4

Hang on a sec. here Bucko. A fuel line "inadvertently disconnects", the engine quits, there is a forced landing, and you claim the person(s) involved are "competent and professional"?? WTF-over.

BTW, I am not an "Aviator". I am a Licenced Canadian Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. I have recently retired after 50 years in the business. I hold M1/2 and have worked on everything from Bell 47-D1 to Sikorskys. Fixed wing from Cessna 120 to Boeing 737/727. I have worked all over the world including 11 years in South, West, and North Africa. I am proud to say that I have never had an aircraft crash or quit on me and most importantly my Pilots have always come home at the end of the day. It goes without saying that I "Follow the book"

Pay attention to the job at hand, stay focused, and don't get distracted by that frikken cell phone, follow the book and all will be well.

Im not here to question how long you've been this for or what youve worked on because its far more than what I have. All I'm saying is that sometimes bad things happen to good people and there is no denying that. The best pilots and engineers I know have all had experiences that could have ended badly. Doesnt make them a bad pilot or an incompetent engineer.

• Like 1