Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Pet Peeve Of The Day

"ban it forever"

This statement right here just shows how little respect and knowledge you have for photography. Photography, even in a commercial form, is an art and a form of expression. No one will or can like everything. Sure there are lots of technical aspects that make a "good" photo but that's barely 25% of creating a great image.

The fact that you are digging on someone else work because you don't like the look of it is ridiculous. Are you a professional photographer? Does this type of image somehow hurt your business? Do the lighting or color tones make you sick to your stomach? The photo is in no way offense or degrading. It is exposed correctly and shows no defects technically. Also it conveys a mood that the photographer and client I'm sure agreed was what they wanted.

I Don't particularly like a lot of photography/artwork/design out there but in no way do I think anyone, even some teen on facebook who just found the B&W setting on their new camera, should be berated or told to stop creating what they enjoy by any individual or group of individuals.

My suggestion to you, if you don't like it don't look at it.

Hopefully I'm not just feeding another fire in the forum, and maybe I should just ignore you. Maybe a mod could at least move the thread to just conversation or something more appropriate.

Personally I think this image is Bad A55.

• Like 2

"ban it forever"

This statement right here just shows how little respect and knowledge you have for photography. Photography, even in a commercial form, is an art and a form of expression. No one will or can like everything. Sure there are lots of technical aspects that make a "good" photo but that's barely 25% of creating a great image.

The fact that you are digging on someone else work because you don't like the look of it is ridiculous. Are you a professional photographer? Does this type of image somehow hurt your business? Do the lighting or color tones make you sick to your stomach? The photo is in no way offense or degrading. It is exposed correctly and shows no defects technically. Also it conveys a mood that the photographer and client I'm sure agreed was what they wanted.

I Don't particularly like a lot of photography/artwork/design out there but in no way do I think anyone, even some teen on facebook who just found the B&W setting on their new camera, should be berated or told to stop creating what they enjoy by any individual or group of individuals.

My suggestion to you, if you don't like it don't look at it.

Hopefully I'm not just feeding another fire in the forum, and maybe I should just ignore you. Maybe a mod could at least move the thread to just conversation or something more appropriate.

Personally I think this image is Bad A55.

thanks for your in depth analysis of what you assume would be my complaints...but did you even read what i wrote or just fly off the handle on instinct alone??? Can't wait until Hybrid jumps all over this one too. LOL

The POSE dude...the POSE is the problem.

it's overused and portraying exactly what law enforcement shouldn't be doing....the "tough guy on the block, you should submit to us, or we'll throw your a$$ in jail pose"....get it? now get over it. My suggestion to you, if you don't like my thread don't look at it

• Like 3

They're not posing. This is a candid shot, and the guys on the end were in the middle of doing the chicken dance!

Plus, though it's a *tiny* photo, I'm pretty sure the guy in the middle has a decked out M14 in a SAGE stock (EBR or Mod-0) or whatever the specific one is... which is just plain bad *** :D

Edit: MMIKE, a$$ gets filtered too! *sigh*

To each thier own. Some like to take pictures and pose in them as they want. And some like to criticise what others do just cause they don't like it. Do what you love and love what you do......but really!?....criticising how some like to pose in pictures!? There really must be something more constructive to do with your time.