Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

A&P Licence

Dan Irving

Anybody have a recommendation about where to get an A&P licence? Any horror stories or ripoffs? I've looking around and most of the maintenance schools offering the A&P exams seem pretty generic, so I thought I'd tap into the collective genius of Vertical Forums.

Thanks,

Dan

Just cut it from the back of any Kellogs Corn Flakes box. That's where I got mine. :-)

• Like 2

But I don't like corn flakes... I was hoping for a recommendation for a school that does the prep course and testing all in a week or so.

Perhaps here? http://www.aerotechap.com/ But you have to hold a Canadian AME licence first.

I can't ever imagine such an outfit being allowed in Canada. Hence the old saying, "Corn Flakes Box".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Dan,

Try Avtech Exams, they are in Riverside CA. First you need to go to an FAA FSDO and get your 8610-2 signed off. Then they run you through the written exams and they have a bunch of examiners in the local area for the oral/practical. The oral and practical was 12 hours...

Dan buddy... How ya doin?? It's Tyler Caldwell. I agree with Blake here. Avtech is where I went too, good operation there. However the O&P was brutal but do-able.

• 3 months later...

Dan buddy... How ya doin?? It's Tyler Caldwell. I agree with Blake here. Avtech is where I went too, good operation there. However the O&P was brutal but do-able.

I took my A&P test in 1976 in Oklahoma City at Federal Exams (www.federalexams.com.) They have cheap housing too and all the tests, written, oral and practical are done on site. The practical and oral were actually the easiest part for me. It took me about 1-1/2 hours.

I took the IA test there too in 2002. They have been doing this for a long time and know all the tricks.

It's more expensive than a box of Corn Flakes but more FAA inspectors will accept the certificate you get than the one on the box... I think.