Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

International Bell Medium Work

Well I'm a bit new here but I thought I'd come out of the gate at full speed so here goes.

I've been pondering doing some international work lately. Anyone on here have much experience working internationally?

I currently hold an M2 license and a 212 endorsement. How much of an asset will getting an A&P certificate be?

Honestly I haven't really done my homework yet, there's what Great Slave, CHL, VIH and who else operating Canadian mediums overseas?

I heard mention of a company called Pacific (not Pacific Western) operating 212's and A-stars in Papua New Guinea. Does anyone know anything about them? I have never heard of them.

I know I know, second post. Give the noob a break.

Regards,

Chip

Well I'm a bit new here but I thought I'd come out of the gate at full speed so here goes.

I've been pondering doing some international work lately. Anyone on here have much experience working internationally?

I currently hold an M2 license and a 212 endorsement. How much of an asset will getting an A&P certificate be?

Honestly I haven't really done my homework yet, there's what Great Slave, CHL, VIH and who else operating Canadian mediums overseas?

I heard mention of a company called Pacific (not Pacific Western) operating 212's and A-stars in Papua New Guinea. Does anyone know anything about them? I have never heard of them.

Regards,

Chip

Although it seems you haven't done much investigating via google to see who is in PNG, I will give you a few ideas.

Yes there is Pacific, but I think they may only have 1 x 212, could be wrong, I also hear they have all had a pay rise there.

There is also a gaggle of other companies running 212's there also, try Hevilift, Heli Niugini, Heli Fix.

There's a start for you.

Regards,

Chip

There are some good companies in PNG.. However, Pacific isn't one of them. The PNG licencing system is a mix of Aus and NZ so you need a lot of documentation to 'prove' your experience and training. Also, The Aussies and Kiwis that work in PNG resent the **** out of Canadians going there to 'steal' their work, as it were. The owner of Pacific is also the Governor of the province they have their head office...and he is as crooked as ****. Best to steer well clear of Pacific. PNG, on the other hand is a very interesting place. I'd go back again anytime. Best coffee on the planet too.

There are some good companies in PNG.. However, Pacific isn't one of them. The PNG licencing system is a mix of Aus and NZ so you need a lot of documentation to 'prove' your experience and training. Also, The Aussies and Kiwis that work in PNG resent the **** out of Canadians going there to 'steal' their work, as it were. The owner of Pacific is also the Governor of the province they have their head office...and he is as crooked as ****. Best to steer well clear of Pacific. PNG, on the other hand is a very interesting place. I'd go back again anytime. Best coffee on the planet too.

hahaha this post is funny obviously from one of the Airborne Energy Solutions lot that got the "shift" funny you don't mention how all the other stuff that went on with you lot arctic front.

CBox if your keen I would recommend Pacific and they are not anti Canadian at all as we have a number of engineers, pilots and Management from up your way the engineers have had a very significant pay rise pretty much the best paid in PNG 6 figures Aussie dollars for 6 months work.

Pacific run a varied fleet 6 212's 12 as350's 6 206;s and a lama.

Having said that was talking to a mate at hevilift and they are looking for medium engineers as well....just google the company's in png and you'll find all the appropriate numbers good luck

Not much I agree with here, especially about the coffee, it sucks!!!

You take a gamble with any company in PNG, none are perfect, the whole country is corrupt, starting from right at the top - down, just the way it is there. And I also don't agree about hating Canuks working in PNG, as said, there are plenty there already, every one is in the same boat, it is a foreign country!

• 6 months later...

Well your all not up to speed!

Pacific had 3 212's last I saw but could never keep them in the air, pieces of shxx !

Hevilift has added a few to there fleet, 212 and 412's. They had 6 at one point but think they now have added a few more 412's. You are stuck in Hagan in a compound that has a decent kitchen and small rooms but are clean. They have their own bar built but company trying to get rid of it as to much drinking! Aussie's go figure!

Helifix is based in Port Moresby and guys work from there or go out with the machines were ever the work is. Nice new accommodation, 2 or 3 bedroom units all new and keep clean. Still a new company so has growing pains. Has 6 212's, 4 206's and 4 407's. The 212's are lease machines from ADA and are nice and clean, all had recent fast fin mod's and strake done.

McDermott has 2 214's based in Port Moresby and go were the jobs are. They have extra guys and not hiring from last I heard.

All are paying decent money.

Oh by the way it's not to hard to do conversion of your license there for Canadians.

You apply and provide your license, training documents, resume with all contact info of companys you worked for and once it is accepted you will have to do the air leg test and its open book!

But do your studying beforehand as their book is not like Canadians.