Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

The Royal Returns

Wrong Prime Minister Marc, it was Lester B Pearson

His government endured significant controversy in Canada's military services throughout the mid-1960s, following the tabling of the White Paper on Defence in March 1964. This document laid out a plan to merge the Royal Canadian Navy, the Royal Canadian Air Force, and the Canadian Army to form a single service called the Canadian Armed Forces. Military unification took effect on 1 February 1968, when The Canadian Forces Reorganization Act received Royal Assent.

• Like 1

And why in, pardon the expression, h**l, does it matter as long as justice has been experienced?

REALLY?????

Maybe that's why you are so ignorant. You never understood the principle of "If you don't know something, you ask a question". Then someone can give you the answer. You then have more information than when you started. It's quite a good system actually. You should try it.

Apologies Gary Watson for polluting your thread. I was actually curious as to the origins of the change. I suppose I could have just googled it and saved everyone the hardship.

• Like 2

Wrong Prime Minister Marc, it was Lester B Pearson

Elvis I believe Trudeau was responsible for most of it. Although he didn't become PM until April 68 and this took place on 1 Feb 1968 when the RCAF RCN and Army) designations were removed and some quasi beurospeak crap was inserted. PET was moving and shaking in Ottawa for months prior to being elected and I feel many of these policies were his as he was blatantly anti-military as any good commie should be -

The henchman Hellyer started it with the White Paper in 64 but I do not think he had the stones to take it to the level Truduu did.

Just my opinion as a former member of the RCAF