B206-A Longshaft Question

Topher

The old long shafts and bearings were a very poor setup..segmented shaft was the way to go...the alignment procedure on the old shafts was just plain stupid,pushing and shoving that stupid rubber collar around to do an alignment...how long was that going to run true...dah! ;) also they finally made a bearing with a grease fitting on t/r bearings on the 407..needle fittings just suck...have seen the dust cover on the long shaft bearings pop right out and you don't take the driveshaft cover off everytime you DI the ship..and for my last raint,greaseing oil cooler bearings on the 206 is real fun especially the one next to the firewall...you have to become a magician just to get the greasegun between the firewall and the cooler shrowd :wacko:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best way to remove them is with a plasma cutter, hacksaw and 8 lb. sledge. ;) All jokes aside, once it comes time to get rid of the longshaft, make sure you get the segmented shaft with riveted ends, it is more tolerant to sudden stoppages and possibly won't have to be scrapped after a t/r strike.

once it comes time to get rid of the longshaft, make sure you get the segmented shaft with riveted ends,

How would you replace a long shaft with segmented when the aircraft IPC is very specific for which shaft goes on a specific serial number aircraft?

Is there a TB or ASB that I haven't come across yet that allows one to replace a long shaft with segmented?

This is a serious question, I would like to do the swap.

I would contact Bell and get some advice from them...it has been done...also got rid of boosted pedals off an old A model as it had been converted to a B model...I flew a jet box that had 3 different serial # bodies...it had a B3 nose and front seat section,a B2 mid sectionand the rest was from an A model and it is probably still around...mind you it aint in canada anymore :unsure: