Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Contract Mins

First flying job with mins, they are being averaged but I was curious is someone could explain it to me. I have 3 hr mins and they are averaged for the duration of the contract. Hows that work if I am flying 6hr days...I get payed for 6 and then what if I start flyings 2's. Thanks for the explanation.

Guest Angry Egg Driver

If you get daily mins and you fly 5 hours a day and then get a zero one day...you would still get 3 hours for that day.If you get averaged mins and you fly 5 hours a day and then a bunch of 0 hour days it all gets averaged at the end of your shift/tour.

daily

0 = 21 hours

averaged

0 = 15 hours

Dailys are much better for the pilot than averaged.But it has to work both ways.

If you get daily mins and you fly 5 hours a day and then get a zero one day...you would still get 3 hours for that day.If you get averaged mins and you fly 5 hours a day and then a bunch of 0 hour days it all gets averaged at the end of your shift/tour.

daily

0 = 21 hours

averaged

0 = 15 hours

Dailys are much better for the pilot than averaged.But it has to work both ways.

Ah the games!

It should be 4 hours per day not averaged...The whole averaged thing sounds alot to me like the " hey you are full time so we pay you less than the contract guys... no hold on we really mean seasonal full time so yur contract?????? Sorry no more work this season " hey I thought i was full time???. All year round???

Crap!

better to just be Contract and charge GST. 4 hour daily mins. As far as i am concerned its really not my problem is the machine sits thats the loss and risk the big earner takes who owns the helicopter. If you want my services pay me if you want loyalty- Buy a dog!

2 cents

• Like 1

+1. Speaking from experience, it's best to understand a contract before agreeing to it. :)

Totally agree... unfortunately there are quite a few shifty characters out there that play word games.. How about a clear set of definitions that define what the various conditions and terms mean so there is no room for "other" interpretation... If there was there would be no pilot would ever find him or her self holding the bag as a fulltime/partime/seasonal... or was that contract averaged pilot???

P5

• Like 1

Guest Angry Egg Driver

Ah the games!

It should be 4 hours per day not averaged...The whole averaged thing sounds alot to me like the " hey you are full time so we pay you less than the contract guys... no hold on we really mean seasonal full time so yur contract?????? Sorry no more work this season " hey I thought i was full time???. All year round???

Crap!

better to just be Contract and charge GST. 4 hour daily mins. As far as i am concerned its really not my problem is the machine sits thats the loss and risk the big earner takes who owns the helicopter. If you want my services pay me if you want loyalty- Buy a dog!

2 cents

No wonder you had to go to the other side of the world to work.

• Like 1

Ah the games!

Crap!

2 cents

Oh man, if you are not concerned if the machine sits or not...am I ever glad that I don't swap machines with you...and yes I get paid mins!

• Like 1