Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

As350 To Ec130

ontario gov't has one...

A buddy of mine who works for OMNR has been up in that a/c. It has the seven-seat config (two small seats left of the PIC). My question is: How easy/fast is converting from seven to six pax config on the 130 ? Is it as simple as for the litter ?

Just curious... :huh:

I haven't actually seen one up close and personal. From the schematics I've seen, I got the impression they were smaller than the standard front seats...

EC130 B4 Seating config is 4 across the back, OR in the 8 place config, 4 in back , 4 in front, & it is NOT a quick reconfig to go from 7 to 8 place. Ref EC130B4 Flt Manual page 6-5. Seats are of the new mandatory "Crash resistant" type, req'd in new a/c designs. Optional retrofit in B2s & B3s. Type certificate is H-83, same as B2 & B3 FYI. Hope this helps

So out of curiousity, how likely is the EC130 to become more common place in the market?

From what I've heard about it (which isn't all that much) it performs well. I also heard though that it has a hefty price tag.

So how likely is it that this ship will penetrate the market?