Tc Ame Licence Conversion (Australian)

Topher

Hi Guys,

My Albertan girlfriend has caused me to seriously look at converting my Oz AME licence to a Canadian one.

If I throw a ring on this girls finger, how much paperwork will be involved in making the move? At this stage, I'd like to be living in Canada late next year so I'm in no hurry and understand the economic situation over there at the moment.

I'll have piston and turbine helicopter coverage with well documented experience on R22, R44, B47, H269, H369, B206, AS350 as well as a 204 and 212 combined type course. I should also have airframe coverage on fixed wing aircraft below 5,700kgs MTOW (in case I have to get work fixing Air Tractors on the prairies).

Can anyone help give me an idea of what's involved re: exams, recognition of prior learning, documentation of experience and any other tips or tricks?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys,

My Albertan girlfriend has caused me to seriously look at converting my Oz AME licence to a Canadian one.

If I throw a ring on this girls finger, how much paperwork will be involved in making the move? At this stage, I'd like to be living in Canada late next year so I'm in no hurry and understand the economic situation over there at the moment.

I'll have piston and turbine helicopter coverage with well documented experience on R22, R44, B47, H269, H369, B206, AS350 as well as a 204 and 212 combined type course. I should also have airframe coverage on fixed wing aircraft below 5,700kgs MTOW (in case I have to get work fixing Air Tractors on the prairies).

Can anyone help give me an idea of what's involved re: exams, recognition of prior learning, documentation of experience and any other tips or tricks?

Thanks in advance.

Call any Transport Canada Aviation Office and they will give you all the answers. You can find their numbers on the web.

Thanks for the post Phil, that's what I'm after. Were there any other things that you found useful to have for the conversion?

I've searched for information on the Transport Canada website regarding the exams, but can't seem to find any information. I'd be calling a TC office but I'm away from a landline at the moment and the cellphone bill would break me.

Are the exams done through colleges? Eg, SAIT on a regular or as required basis? Or can I expect something like Australia where they are held in around 50 locations at a set time, about eight times a year?

Did those 10 exams limit you to a particular configuration of helicopter eg. Single Engine Turbine (205, 206, AS350, H369) airframe and engine or does that give you full helicopter coverage (depending on courses attended) or full aircraft coverage (again, depending on courses done)?

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys, it's really appreciated!

Here is the list of requirements and you will see the exams listed. You also need to write the Air Regulations exam. There are no type specific questions, they are all multiple choice. The exams are done at a transport canada office.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/regserv/cars/part5-standards-t566s01-262.htm